Suddenly I can't import mp3

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Suddenly I can't import mp3

Bolverk
Casual Listener

I recall simply being able to drag and drop local files. This is no longer possible. Adding via preferences works but also seems to duplicate when Spotify is reopened.

If existing files are relocated to new source folder (created to work with preferences menu), then the local tracks appear multiple times and cannot be deleted from Spotify. This is true even if the local file is entirely deleted from the computer. The tracks remain listed, but no longer play.

Buckelwal
Casual Listener

Same here...

wsky

I am having this same problem and find it completelt unacceptable. How in the world can they go without fixing this or at least explainging what is going on? All of the sudden I cant use any of my local music on the only music app that i pay for? **bleep** that. 

1 person liked this

Nonface
Casual Listener

Add your mp3s to a folder then follow these instructions from Spotify to have them included in the "Local Files" section of your libraty.  From that section you can drag songs to a playlist if desired. 

Sexp15tol
Regular
Yeah, that works on my Mac... But local files on my phone is empty and says 'install Spotify on your computer' any clues ?

Nonface
Casual Listener

Do what I mentioned above on your computer and add your songs to a playlist.  After your playlist is created, make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same network and open Spotify on your phone while it's still open on your computer.  You should be able to see the playlist on your phone and tap the "Available Offline" switch.  After syncing is complete you should have the songs on your phone.  

KatrinaAthena
Casual Listener
Hi,

That's what I've always done but for whatever reason it no longer works. The songs remain gray and inaccessible when I unplug my phone from my computer.

miracle69
Casual Listener

Ive been trying for 2 weeks now to 'drag' mp3's from my laptop into my playlist or local files, but nothing happens. Are Spotify about to remove the option of 'local files' ??

paulramplin

Did anyone figure out the 'import MP3' problem?

I ripped a CD into Windows Media (making sure that it was ripped as MP3) and nothing I do will make it playable in Spotify.  The tracks are showing as greyed out in Local Files - and greyed out in playlists too - but when I click to play, I get the message: 'This tracks was added as a local file.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'

I tried adding the source, but it just won't work - and, of course, the import option has now been removed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 person liked this

borntrouble
Casual Listener

Are <Edit; removed text> Spotify <Edit: removed text> serious? I can't even play **bleep**ing MP3s anymore!

SUGGESTED POSTS