Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing playlists, albums, artists between Apple devices with Spotify

Syncing playlists, albums, artists between Apple devices with Spotify

I listen to and do a lot of "housekeeping" of Spotify in the OSX app to a powered speaker. I'd use headphones but, I can't due to an issue with one ear. 

Then I listen to Spotify from an iPad in the evening from the app. I also add an album, artist, add to or make playlists.

As I settle in bed at night, I listen to Spotify from an iPod Retina at my beside to, a powered speaker in my bedroom. I use the app. I also add an album, artist, add to or make playlists.

Then repeat sequence next day, etc.

But only once has one of these "Spotfys" seemed to match the previous. Now, none match each other when I use them. I think, mostly, they all match eventually (same playlists, albums, artist). But there seems to be no syncing for hours or days between devices.

Also, only once did one (I think the iPod) ask "continue with what you were listening to on you iPad (or whatever)?"

What is the secret to get Spotify to pick up where the other device left off AND show the stuff you did either hours or minutes before on another device?

Let's just keep this Apple to Apple devices for now. Thanks.

2 Replies

Hello:

I might suggest you try to power cycle all your devices a few times a week. If you have multiple devices updating different Spotify apps and content added to your Spotify account as it will eventually populate to all allowed devices from your account, there might be some slight code issues between each Spotify app. Might try posting your app Spotify versions and devices the apps are on for more experienced apple device users to respond to. Try a few device power cycles and see if this helps first though. Might sign out of the Spotify apps and then power cycle and then sign back into the Spotify apps on the devices to see if things speed up a little.

Hello! I suggest that you try using another software like Mus Conv Tool for this.

Suggested posts