NEXT STEP

THE APP KEEPS CRUSHING

THE APP KEEPS CRUSHING

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

My Question or Issue

On average 15 times a day, the app needs restarting for being able to play the very same song.

App says "can't play the current song", I quit the app, restart it 2 seconds later, it plays the song without any issue. But WHY is it keep doing the same thing? 
Any solution is much appreciated, please. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.30.04 PM.png
4 Replies

Hey @kucukfurkan034! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry to hear that your app is not working flawlessly.

Does this happen to this song only? Is this happening on your other devices as well?

And have you tried reinstalling your app to see if that fixes this issue? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Thank you @nico!

It does happen to any song I am listening to, not a specific one. In my IOS device, I don't have any problem, only the mac version causes problems for me, so far.

The only part I am missing in the tutorial is that I didn't empty Trash before downloading and set up. So I will try it one more time and let's see how it goes together.

Thank you for your quick response!

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 11.17.26 PM.png

I'm having the same issue with all songs on the Windows app. I also tried downloading the playlist and still had the same issue. Android app is working just fine. 

Same issue here. I'm on a Mac. I have to restart multiple times. Turning off hardware acceleration didn't help as suggested in this other post.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 11.43.50 AM.png

Super frustrating 😕

Suggested posts