Announcements

THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

Regular

PREMIUM

Spain

Spotify on Mac

OS Mojave

I am so happy to finally find this simple solution, after a long time suffering from Spotify taking a long time to open and be ready to use it.

Just follow the easy steps and Spotify will run very quickly.
https://binaryblogger.com/2018/10/10/spotify-desktop-app-slow-heres-how-to-fix-it-for-mac-and-window...

41 Replies

Re: THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

This fixed my issues with spotify on my mac desktop. Thank you. Spotify was taking about 5 minutes to load my liked songs.

Regular

Glad this was useful ! (y)  

Regular

Thank you so much, this worked like a charm.

Roadie

I suddenly started getting horribly slow performance on Mac OS after years of good performance. 

I performed those steps. It works for one session but it becomes slow again on the subsequent session. After investigation, I found that most of those steps aren't needed. In particular, it's not necessary to wipe your log-in details: which is good because that's really annoying. 

All you need to do is delete the cache folder. I made a one-line script which just contains the line: 

rm -fr  ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/

I run that before starting Spotify and all is good. It's annoying I have no cache, but there is no alternative. Based on what I see in previous posts, it seems that Spotify aren't going to bother fix this. 

Regular

Thank you so much; worked great !! 😊👌

It does work, yet, one would assume that Spotify devs might address this issue in an update so it's no longer an issue for power users.

Composer
It works, but only for a few hours/days, so I have to repeat this tedious procedure very often. It is not normal.
I haven't found anything better so far and it's been going on for several years...

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community, and really nice of you - @afrikia to share one solution.

We also suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Regular

Hi 🙂
This is a problem that many of us suffer every time we open Spotify... Soooo slow...
I tried what you suggested: clean uninstall (I had the latest version, Spotify was updated), and reinstall of the last version available (from the Spotify web of course).
Now Spotify opens and all the content is available much faster:
I hope it lasts...because the solution to the great lag is not uninstall and reinstall constantly.
Best regards.

SUGGESTED POSTS