Announcements

THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

Re: THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

Hey there @afrikia,

Really good to hear that everything works as it should you you 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Music Fan

Hey Guys,

I am still having this problem and I tried "EVERYTHING" until now. Went through the issue with the spotify support twice - nothing helped.

Deleted everything, reinstalling, cache deleting, buffer set to 1024 really everything...nothing worked.

It gets fast for a view starts againg and then back to 5min loading and 5min closing the app...

Dont know what to do. Do I really have to go back to Apple Music?

please help me out.

I am on an 2019 Mac Book Pro and now running Big Sur 11.1 - but also had this problem on Catalina before!

Thank you and I hope someone comes up with a magic trick .

Desperately - Luke

Hi @LukeKeywalker

Welcome to the Community!

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Additionally, could you let us know if it happens over both WiFi and 3/4G, or only on one connection type? We also recommend restarting your router to check if the issue persists. 

On another note, does this happen across different devices or only on your computer?

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Music Fan
Hi Eni,

thanks for your fast answer. I already did a clean reinstall many times - I also used the helper "AppCleaner" and removed everything spotify related.

I am using it mostly at home with my very fast 5Ghz WiFi but checked it also with my phone hotspot on 4G - didn't change anything.

It happens only on my mac book. On my iPad and my iPhone everything works perfectly well.

And here comes the crazy thing - it starts the moment I subscribe for a Pro plan. When I use the free version it shows no issues at all. The moment I subscribe to a Pro it starts to last forever in starting and closing.
I even created a new account and same here: everything easy until I go Pro??!!

What could I try more?

Best, Luke

Hey again @LukeKeywalker,

Thanks for your quick reply and for the information you sent.

Could you let us know how much storage space does your device have available?

Additionally, can you log in with a friend's Premium account on your PC to check if the issue persists?

It's also a good idea to disable hardware acceleration from the settings menu and see if that make a difference. Restart your device after toggling the setting to make sure that it's taken into account the next time you run the app.

Cheers - Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Music Fan
Hi there,

so storage is not the problem. I have more than 1 TB free!

Hardware acceleration off changed nothing.

I am now logged in with the account of my friend and until now it seems to work.

The problem is that I don't wanna pay 2 Pro plans only to check out if this is the problem. I have my old account running on Pro and its buggy. My new account is on "free plan". Can I convert my Pro plan from one account to the other? Otherwise I have to pay double at least one month and this I don't wanna do.

What do you suggest?

Thanks and greetings,

Luke

Hi @LukeKeywalker

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the troubleshooting steps you tried. 

Could you let us know if it's also happening on the web player?

Also - we suggest that you make sure that all Firewalls and anti-virus are disabled to check if the issue still persists.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

Music Fan

Hi Eni,

my webplayer works fine. It’s only the App and only after a few restarts. After a complete reinstall it works fine for 5-10 times and than goes slow again.

Well, the firewall should not be the problem if it works on another account on the same computer.

Best, Luke

Hi there @LukeKeywalker,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

Can you check if you have any playlists/albums downloaded for offline listening and disable the download button on them?

Also can you clarify if your app is acting slow only when you're logged in with your own Premium account - have you asked a friend to log in with their Premium account and see if you get the same results.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Music Fan
Hey Alex,

thanks for jumping in!

As I wrote in my post before, I already checked with a friends premium acccount and it works perfectly well.
The moment I switch back to mine and wanna log in - it needs 5 min again!

I dont have any playlist downloaded or so...

Best,
Luke
SUGGESTED POSTS