Announcements

THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

Re: THIS IS THE SOLUTION TO Spotify VERY SLOW on MAC AND PC.

Casual Listener
I don't think this is device related. I have two Mac Pro (Mid 2010 with Mojave, 32GB Ram, Radeon RX 580 8GB) that have this Spotify app slowdown issue for over 3 years over multiple Mac OS versions. 

Religiously the the fix (deleting caches and updating pref file) is used to eliminate the lag. As stated in this thread, 1-2 days the lag halts music loading for over 2-3 minutes.

Reinstalling the app has no effect on the problem.

Music Fan
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your answer.

I think this is a little bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I am a full time professional filmcomposer - In need my computer every day - and I will not kill my whole perfect working system because one small spotify app is not working. Especially because it used to work for years...

It has something to do with the cache, because as I already described, if I do a reinstall everything works fine until I listen to music for a while. As if the more I listen, the more sh*t it has to load and doesnt delete it afterwards. Or it has trouble deleting the cache itself??!!

Please hang in and keep on finding solutions without sending me to the Apple Support - guess to who they will send me!!!

Best, Luke

Music Fan
Thanks Matt. You got it...

Casual Listener
Yes, I am a full time professional film editor and am in the same boat, Luke! I keep checking this thread to see if a solution has come up.

Side note, opening my Spotify (on Mac OS) this morning, after doing the fix the day before, and it was hanging for 2-3 minutes to play one song. Deleted the cache files/folders, restarted and the song played in seconds.

Don't know what else to say but that the Mac app is so low on their priority that they'll get to it eventually. There's probably many more bugs or the majority of their good programmers are busy on the next big Spotify app.

In the mean time, I have a folder on my desktop ready to delete cache files everyday. Yippie.

Regular
Interesting to see this thread continue long after I abandoned Spotify,
mainly because of this. I like the way their "solution" is to reinstall OS.
Seriously?

Music Fan

Dear Spotify Support,

are you out?

Please come back and keep on trying to find a solution with us!

Best, Luke

Regular
I was out a long time ago because of this issue. I spent the bulk of my
time on the desktop app compiling playlists and looking for new music, but
it just became impossible to justify when I would have to start the desktop
app and come back 10 minutes later just to see my music. This problem has
been going on for so long but Spotify just don't seem to be interested in
fixing it.
SUGGESTED POSTS