Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Takes forever to load

Takes forever to load

Hi there.

After the last update Spotify really takes a looooooong time to load. 

I'm on Mac mini. Tons of RAM, really fast internet.

Can you give some explanation, tips? 

Thanks for all the great work.

Cheers,

Zrinko

20 Replies

Hey 🙂 

What version of Mac OS X are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi there... Im on 10.8.3.

Strange, can you try:

- A clean reinstallation of the client

- If you have a very large local file library (in iTunes for example) can you try unticking the Local file sources in the Spotify > Preferences menu

- Also in the preference menu, tick the "Hide on What's New page" under Music announcements. 

Does any of that help?

Peter

Peter

Hey!

Ok, so. I reinstalled from the website. It wanted me to update the version after first start. Also disabled all local sources, Hide on News pages selected, turned off last.fm... more or less everything. And also turned off all synced playlists, just to be sure.

Takes around 20 seconds to start. Is that normal? More or less all my apps start withing 6-7 seconds period. I got 16Gigs of RAM. Shouldn't it be faster? MAC is new. 10% of hard disk is full.

I didn't mention that I am talking about the first start of the app after boot. After that it starts quickly. 

Mine takes about 15-20 seconds to start normally, not really sure why! 

To my knowledge from other posts I have seen it is due to the client downloading some catalogue data before it launches properly.

Peter

Peter

Me too. Mac 10.7.5. Been happening for about 2 weeks as of 4/25/13.

Try updating flash player: http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It worked for me - Spotify opens straight away now

Spoke too soon - the flashplayer update seemed to fix it, but then after a few days - back to square one

I am running the latest version of OSX (10.8.4) and it is God-awful how long it takes to load. Plus some artists with longer catalogues won't load completely. I have been using Spotify forever and I never use it anymore. They really screwed up a good thing.

This nailed it. Turned off my local files. 

My spotify on OS X 10.10.3 is taking minutes to start up and is slow to use. I mean clicking something an waiting god knows how blinking long for something to happen. It's really really annoying. Please fix this.

I'm no expert but I followed the other suggestion and turned off the access to my local iTunes library.

Go to Spotify Preferences > scroll down to Local Files > uncheck the folders you don't want to connect.

This solved it for me.

Good luck.

Just had an update and this fixed the problem. works properly now. 🙂

same here, but i just realise your pages load incredibly slow too. not just the app but also web pages load like ten times slower than any other. could that be an issue on your server side perhaps, and is anyone looking in to it? when i open spotify app sometimes the wait is so long that i just give up and close it back again

when i click on discover I wait for two minutes with black screen before it starts loading

I agree, takes a long time to load, but this has only just started to happen to me. And it's only on my iPad, the iPhone loads as quickly as it ever did. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but it's still really bad. Spotify, please could we have a definitive answer here?

i am having trouble with my spotify to load..it takes a bout 15 minutes.

Updating / Installing Flash Player worked like a charm!! Spotify boots on my laptop in a 1/4 of the time it previously took. Thanks!

Suggested posts