Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Pro (Early 2015)

Operating System

Mac OS Mojave

My Question or Issue

When i type a song on spotify the search bar types the song title in reverse order, for example if I type in 'all about the bass' it comes up as 'all tuoba eht ssab'. 

8 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I've restarted and done a clean install before which fixed the issue for a good day. but the problem persisted on coming back to haunt me

Mac OS Mojave - 10.14.1 

Spotify Version - 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c

Hey @Neonwhitelion.

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying the reinstall.

That's odd! Does this only occur when typing in the search bar? Just to be sure, could you try:

• clicking on one of your playlists and typing something in the Filter search located under the album art
  • right-clicking on a playlist and selecting Edit Playlist, and then typing something in one of the Description field?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here to help you further if you need it.

It's pretty hard to test what the problem may be as the typing backwards although a regular occurance doesn't happen every time.

It's definitely just the search bar though, I tried multiple times with the filter search and editing the playlist, but the problem only happens on the search bar 😞

Hey @Neonwhitelion.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you tell us if you have any right-to-left languages set as your keyboard (e.g. Hebrew, Arabic), irrespective of whether they are selected or not?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

I have the same issue on my mac. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen occasionally.

I find that mine does this only when I've searched for one thing before. The second item I search for in the search bar on the desktop app will be backwards, e.g. Elliott Smith will be htimS ttiollE

Even on reinstall it does this. Only foreign language keyboard installed is Japanese which doesn't do right-to-left script.

Hey @josephpickard.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, we'll be glad to help.

Could you check to see if this is happening on any other devices, or just on the desktop app on this specific device? 

If you're just experiencing this on one device, could you try resetting your keyboard settings to default and see if that changes anything?

In any case, could you provide us with the following info in your reply so we can investigate further:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts