This Track is Not Available in Your Country.. But it Is.

Highlighted
11 people liked this

This Track is Not Available in Your Country.. But it Is.

TIKITIKITOTOHUT
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Operating System

High Sierra Version 10.13.3

My Question or Issue

I have previously been able to share songs easily with coworkers and friends through Slack by selecting "Copy Song Link" and pasting the link directly in the Slack channel.  Ever since about three weeks ago, we've all been seeing the error "This track is not available in your country."  Meanwhile, the song in question is playing on the Spotify app without issue.  What could be causing this?  Anything I can do on my end to fix?  I've reinstalled the app and contacted Slack (who blames y'all).  

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.55.06 PM.png
4 Replies
3 people liked this

Re: This Track is Not Available in Your Country.. But it Is.

corinnag

I am having the exact same problem! I previously could share Spotify tracks, embedded in Basecamp, with my co-workers (we're musicians). Now they ALL say not available in your country. Chatted with Spotify customer service yesterday, and they say it's not on their end. Talked to Basecamp and my IT guy. BOTH says it IS Spotify!!

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 3.48.12 PM.png

1 person liked this

CheffyBIZ
Casual Listener

Seeing the same issue on both my work and private Slack workspaces. Re-installing both apps has not fixed it.

1 person liked this

mangosteeeen
Casual Listener

I've had this issue for a month now on tumblr, they said they'd look into it... but when?

edenadler

I am living in a country outside of the US and frequently come across songs that aren't available. I'm okay with the song not being available (I get why it's happening), but what's really annoying is that if I'm playing a playlist with one of these unavailable songs, all of a sudden the music just stops randomly and doesnt start again unless I manually skip and play another song. It would be great if Spotify could detect that this song is unavailable and automatically skip to the next song. I get in a flow listening to music at work and when it all of a sudden stops it really disrupts my concentration/workflow. 

SUGGESTED POSTS