Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This content is not available: Mac

This content is not available: Mac

Hello. I have several playlists that I listen to. Recently one of the playlists.... the songs are greyed out and I get "This content is not available". 

• I reinstalled Spotify on my Mac... no change
  • I logged in and logged back on... no change
  • I tried using the online version and I have the same issue
  • The playlist works on my iPhone

Suggestions? Thank you.

5 Replies

Hey @ddurs,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Could you make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app with the steps from this page?

It is also important to try and reproduce the issue via another internet connection and another account.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Dian. Thank you for the response. I followed the instructions... still not available. All songs are grey. Why just THIS playlist? And only my Mac and via the browser. I can play from my iPhone. And I can play other playlists (ex: my son's playlist).

I may be onto something: I went to my Account Overview and it says "Play music in shuffle mode only, with ads." --- so I selected the shuffle icon (its now green). And now it appears everything is working!

Hey @ddurs

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know.

We're glad to know that now everything is working fine. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The best way to start tackling this error is by doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. This will often fix any issues that you're having with the app itself, and it's a good way to rule out any potential problems with your computer or phone.

Regards,
James

Suggested posts