This content is unavailable

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

Macbook Air 2020 M1

My Question or Issue :

I recently update my Spotify desktop app for mac. But since i updated the application, i am not able to listen to any music at all. This messages appear : "This content is not available" and that "Spotify can't play this right now".  

I did many things to solve this problem and nothing is working.

- I reinstalled the application (and i try also with older version)

- I also try this : https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/This-content-is-not-Available/td-p/5223430 

- I restarted my computer 

- I checked if i was also offline but no

- I deleted the Cache

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 11.37.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 11.39.18 AM.png
1 Reply

Hi @edrolet5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it.

We also recommend that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts