Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Missing

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Missing

Plan: Free

Device: MacBook Air (Late 2017)

Operating System: iOS 10.13.5

My Question or Issue:

The thumbs up and thumbs down buttons seem to have disappeared from my various playlist radio stations as well as artist radio stations and, it seems, everywhere else. Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 6.29.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 6.37.49 PM.pngAny ideas on where these buttons might have gone/how to work around this? I keep getting songs that I don't like and ones that I really do enjoy but have already added to my library and don't currently have a way of refining the station based on that. Thanks.

5 Replies

Hey @Tenaya, welcome to the community.

Hope you are having a great time!

Nothing to worry! Spotify is undertaking some changes and Songs folder name is now Favorite Songs. Another change is that the + and Follow buttons are changed to a ♥︎.
You will be able to Follow artists and playlists by tapping that heart which will add the to Your library, but don't worry they won't be added to your Favorite Songs yet. When you open a playlist or when exploring an artisits page for songs you can tap ♥︎ again this time to save them in Favorite Songs. Thumbs up and Thumbs down are only available when playing a radio station not when playing your Daily Mixes or Discover Weekly. You can use ♥︎ or  🚫 to give feedback to them. These symbols should be right next to the songs name bottom left corner.
Spotify has made this change to make one universal icon to add something to your library! ♥︎

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the clarification, @LorenXK, but I still have a few questions. I've been looking at various radio stations and still can't find the thumbs up or thumbs down buttons anywhere- various playlist radio stations via "Stations" and "Radio," artist radios, and Spotify's genre radio stations. Do you know if this feature will be added back in at some later point in time?

That is strange.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

I tried restarting my laptop as well as reinstalling Spotify with no change. I have iOS 10.13.5 and Spotify version 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f, if I was looking in the right place. I also have the free version, rather than premium.

Hey @Tenaya

Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

That way you will get rid of any leftovers which could conflict the new installation of Spotify.

Thank you!

Suggested posts