Free

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Spotify Version

1.1.5.153.gf614956d

My Question or Issue

The app seems to be working completely fine except the fact that there is no sound whatsoever. I've tried rebooting the mac and reinstalling the app as described here with no success.

There is also no sound when using wireless devices (AirPods and bluetooth speakers) as well as 3.5 mm jack headphones.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Tracks are playing, but there is no sound

Hey @midnight_315,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

If the app appears to be playing, but you can’t hear anything from your device: 

• Check the correct audio output is selected in your device’s volume settings. You can refer to the manufacturer for help with volume settings.
  • Check your audio hardware is working properly. You can test this by playing audio from somewhere other than Spotify.
  • Since you mention that this is happening on a desktop device, it’s worth checking your soundcard driver software and update it if there's any pending updates. You can refer to your device’s manufacturer for help with this.
  • Check the device you want to listen on isn’t playing to an external device with Spotify Connect, Bluetooth, or any other wireless connection method.

If none of these do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could try using your account from a different device to see if the issue persists.

If it only happens from the original desktop device, it'd be a good idea trying a clean install of the app on that device. There's steps on how to do this in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS