Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks with distortion Premium account- MacOS

Tracks with distortion Premium account- MacOS

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook mid 2012

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Been using Spotify for many years on a premium membership, and the last few days, tracks that in the past would sound fine, now sound distorted. Tried reinstalling the app but no fix. Need a solution please because im using spotify for work purposes. Thank you for your help.

11 Replies

Same here. MacBook Air M1 with macOS 13.0.1 and bluetooth headphones (B&O H4 Gen 2) and Spotify (Apple Silicon) 1.2.3.1115.

On my Windows PC I would just change my sound setting from Headset to Headphones and that would fix the tinny sound, but I can't see any setting like that either in macOS Sound, or within the Spotify App itself.
It's unusable and it's specifically the Spotify App as YouTube and Spotify via the browser sound as they should.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@aspakivegan, can you please confirm you've reinstalled the app using the steps in this guide?

Can you both try changing your audio settings (set audio quality to Very high, disable the Equalizer and switch off/on Normalize volume) and see if that makes any difference.

@wippet83, is it possible to send us a screenshot of the setting you've changed on your Windows PC or at least specify how you've accessed it?

Keep us posted,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply MihailY. Yes I had reinstall the app with no success. And then the suggestion is to go to the Library to caches to delete those folders. I am sorry but dont understand this: Option/Alt ⌥ key. I know the option and alt keys, not sure what the other symbol is.

And have also tried the other suggestion with the volume, equalizer etc with no success again.

Thank you.

.....Now i have problems with most tracks...  😞

Hey @aspakivegan,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We apologize if the process may cause any confusion, you can see the step by step to clear the specific cache from the host files in this post.

If the issue persists after this, would you mind checking if the Web Player has the same issue? This will give us a better look at it.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hello and thank you for continuing the conversation.

Now Spotify doesnt even fully load. And when it did, couldnt play certain songs. As well as other tracks being distorted. So it got worse, and I didnt even do any of the new suggestions.

In terms of the new suggestions, there were no issues with the hosts files, no spotify elements. I clicked on the link you gave for Web Player and comes up with an error.

So here are my details:

Spotify for macOS (Intel)
1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

MacOS Mojave

Macbook Pro mid 2012

processor 2.5, IC i5

And im trying to send this email from the spotify website and cant do so!

Hey @aspakivegan,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

According to the info you sent, it could be device-related since the link we included previously is to start the web version of the app that opens from your browser. To make sure of this, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Also, it would be great if you could include in your next response a short video where we can take a better look at the behavior you're describing. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Thank you for your response.
I was able to get to the webplayer and the distortions were there too. However, when i get to my mobile phone and play the tracks, there are no distortions. Maybe you are right that it is device related but I am not sure what to look for...any advice please?? Thank you.

Hey @aspakivegan,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

To continue isolating this behavior, can you check if is this happening on another computer? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. 

On another note, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your computer to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, is this happening if you open a different account on the affected computer? You can create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Thank you all for your advice and input. I am now checking my laptop because it seems its a device issue. Cross fingers all will be resolved. Warm wishes.

Hey @aspakivegan,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We hope you can sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need some insights or if we can provide some steps to try. 

We'll always be a post away 🙂

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts