Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two songs play simultaneously on the save device

Two songs play simultaneously on the save device

Problem Overview

The desktop Spotify app plays two songs ocasionally at once when reversing songs.

Problem Details

When playing the "Hot Country" Spotify created playlist on shuffle with no loop, after listening to 5-6 songs, then going back to the first song causes two songs to play simultaneaously. This behavior occurs when both pressing the back button on the application and when using the keys "Command+Left Arrow". 

The song order is:

"Rearview Town"

"She Got the Best of Me"

"We Were"

"Morgan Wallen - Whiskey Glasses (Live)"  [Note: Video]

"John Gurney - That's How You Got It" [Note: Video]

"Make Me Want To"

"Someone I Used To Know"

Then going back to "Rearview Town" causes another song to play as well (not sure of the wrong song title). Pausing the song does not stop the wrong song, from playing. Exiting the application causes the wrong song to stop playing, however the same bug keeps occuring when going through the series of actions described above.

Futhermore, I closed the application (desktop), used Spotify mobile for the same playlist in a different shuffle, then returned to the application (desktop), and the same bug occured.

An off topic note: This started occuring when I opened a webpage on Google Chrome which uses Unity Game Engine.

System Details

Device: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Spotify Type: Premium

Desktop App Version: 1.1.6.113 (Currently up to date)

0 Replies

Suggested posts