Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UPDATE TO M1 SERIOUSLY

Solved!

UPDATE TO M1 SERIOUSLY

I think I will change to Apple Music, it's unacceptable that we still don't have an Apple Silicon version, the current version running on rosetta is buggy, keep crashing and drain my battery. I'm very disappointed about the lack of seriousness of the company

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @CippoX  @jkilvmsc 

Spotify has posted an update about M1 Mac support here:
M1 Mac support is now in beta 

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hi everyone,

We have been working hard backstage on this and are happy to announce that we now have a Beta version of our app available. It features many compatibility improvements and optimizations for the new Apple architecture.

You can download this Beta app from here. It would be great if you do so and then post feedback on your experience here.

Please note that as a Beta, some unexpected behavior might still occur. We'll use all the feedback and info we get from you to tweak and improve your Spotify experience. And if everything works great we’d love to hear that too!

To install the Beta app, double click the .dmg file and then drag the app to your Applications folder, replacing the version you may have installed now. To go back to the regular version, please download and install it from https://spotify.com/download.

We can’t wait to hear from you and learn how your experience was. Take care!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

UPDATE: Apple Silicon Macs (M1 chip) are now supported in the latest desktop Mac version

Spotify has posted an update about Apple Silicon Macs (M1 chip) support here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Add-support-for-Apple-Silicon-ARM64-on-Ma...

"Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶"

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yeah, been with Spotify forever, and now it keeps crashing on my M1 and seems like battery life is not as good since not an optimized app. Have already started the switch to Apple Music. Plus Dolby Atmos and Lossless Playback included. I hope Spotify steps up their game to compete. 

Hi there @CippoX and @jkilvmsc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

There's currently an idea - [Desktop][Developer] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac). We suggest that you head over to the idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Hey @CippoX  @jkilvmsc 

Spotify has posted an update about M1 Mac support here:
M1 Mac support is now in beta 

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hi everyone,

We have been working hard backstage on this and are happy to announce that we now have a Beta version of our app available. It features many compatibility improvements and optimizations for the new Apple architecture.

You can download this Beta app from here. It would be great if you do so and then post feedback on your experience here.

Please note that as a Beta, some unexpected behavior might still occur. We'll use all the feedback and info we get from you to tweak and improve your Spotify experience. And if everything works great we’d love to hear that too!

To install the Beta app, double click the .dmg file and then drag the app to your Applications folder, replacing the version you may have installed now. To go back to the regular version, please download and install it from https://spotify.com/download.

We can’t wait to hear from you and learn how your experience was. Take care!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Apple Silicon Macs (M1 chip) are now supported in the latest desktop Mac version

Spotify has posted an update about Apple Silicon Macs (M1 chip) support here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Desktop-Add-support-for-Apple-Silicon-ARM64-on-Ma...

"Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶"

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts