Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add songs to other playlists

Solved!

Unable to add songs to other playlists

Hi, I am trying to drag and drop songs from one playlist (e.g. my Discover Weekly) to add to another, and I am now unable to do it. When I drag the song over another playlist, it used to highlight over the new playlist, and then I could release the mouse and it would be added. Now, the playlist I am trying to add to does not highlight, and dropping it there does nothing.

Also, if I try the alternative way of adding by clicking on the 3 dots icon, then selecting "Add to Playlist" from the menu, all the playlists that I created that used to show in the list, are no longer there. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JDfunky, thanks for writing.

Just click on the playlist you want to add songs to, and it will "load". Then try again and let me know if this works!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JDfunky, thanks for writing.

Just click on the playlist you want to add songs to, and it will "load". Then try again and let me know if this works!

BittencourtSpotify Star

That worked, thanks. (how strange that we have to do this to get it to work). Cheers

Hey Bittencourt, this a bug, or a new "functionality"?

Hi @user-removed,

I don't think it's neither a bug or a new feature. Maybe it's a way to make the app load and run faster. 

I have/follow around 100 playlists but I mostly just listen to a few of them each time. So there's no need for the app to pre load all of them every time. This is just my guess though, I think it makes sense.

Also, I noticed it only happens sometimes. What about you?

BittencourtSpotify Star

it's a bug hence it only happens sometimes. in my experience it usually happens when the app is first launched and it sorts itself out after a while and/or right before the app starts hanging (search stops working/ takes ages to load results / playlists/ artist profiles). a restart fixes it and when it doesn't it's that time again where you have to manually completely delete everything, uninstall and re-install. 

how is that not a bug? 😮

an incredibly bad user experience, having to go down and click on every single playlist before I can save songs to them. And yes, it only occurs from time to time.

That's true. Let's hope the next app versions solve this issue.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Dear Bittencourt,

As you seem to be very knowledgeable of the workings of Spotify, and I have wasted hours trying find an answer, is there a way to MOVE a song from one playlist to another as opposed to copying it to the new playlist and then going back to delete it from the original playlist?  I am trying to do this in the desktop app for Mac.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.  As a sidenote, I see this topic has been raised hundreds of times and seems to be something very intuitive so why does Spotify resist the multiple requests from users?

Hey @scrapdaddy, thanks for writing!

Just select the song you want to move, then click CMD+X, and then CMD+V on the playlist you want to move it to.

Let me know if it works.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts