Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to import playlists from iTunes on Mac OS Yosemite and iTunes 12

Unable to import playlists from iTunes on Mac OS Yosemite and iTunes 12

I am using latest Mac OS 10.10 Yousemite and latest iTunes 12.

I have installed Spotify desktop client 0.9.11.26.g2b1a638c

When I click File > Import Playlists > iTunes 

I can see that all playlists are imported.

But if I click any I can see that they are empty.

Spotify doesn't import any song from iTunes 12. 

10 Replies

What happens if you try to drag and drop those music files from the folder they are stored in on your system into the spotify local files folder in the spotify app?

If I create a playlist and then drag and drop files from iTunes playlist, everything works great.

The only thing which doesn't work is a complete import of iTiunes playlists and their files from Spotify menu.

Yes there was another user a little ways back who had an issue with importing iTunes playlists into spotify. The fix was to allow the spotify app to search the hard drive for music files. If you go into the app preferences there is an option to choose iTunes which will search your systems local iTunes music folder where you have the music stored at. If you have the music stored to say an external HD or something you will have to add the path to the folder on the external drive where the music files are stored at using the Add Source button. There seems to be a linking issue with using iTunes playlists in the spotify app and finding the source folder for those music files seems to correct most of this.

I have iTunes selected under "Source".

Plus I added manually location of all iTunes media files.

It doesn't help at all.

Spotify simply doesn't work with iTunes on the latest Yosemite Mac OS beta 2.

I think it's a good time to fix it.

I will be happy to test...

8-)

Alex

Completely agree with this.  I'm having the same issues - playlists are all empty.

This bug is still present, if you select just iTunes nothing is imported from library, you have to set paths manually to spotify grab your local files.

Hmmm.  I can import the local files setting the paths as you suggest, but this isn't a good workaround, as 1) the files do not show up via the search, and 2) the playlists are not brought in.  The only way to use the files is to first browse to "local music".  I used the menu shortcut to import the iTunes playlists after first (re)adding the iTunes file path, but this didn't improve the situation.

Despite my lack of success, thanks for posting the suggestion.

Yep, this is my scenario too.  Driving me nuts.

1. Spotify can see the local tracks, I think;

2. You can *manually* add the music playlists (which isn't great because I have a lot of playlists and limited time);

3. Spotify will not add content to playlists, just a bunch of empty playlists.

This needs a fix.

local files sucks on spotify.... =(

it should organize in albums just as google does in Play.

do you guys need someone to implement it? just open the **bleep**ing source....

Suggested posts