Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Macbook Pro 2021

Operating System

Mac OS 12.4

My Question or Issue

When I try to play all playlists in a folder I get a popup "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Playing any of the playlists inside the folder works fine. It makes no difference if I have shuffle or anything else turned on.

I have tried with the Play button inside the folder, by double-clicking the playlist name and by dragging the folder to the Queue (I get a green plus sign but then nothing is added anyway)

I have tried wiping everything under Library/Application Support/Spotify, reinstalled Spotify and restarted computer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kaislavirta!

Playlist folders are not supported in the current Spotify architecture that Sonos is using. However, like you pointed out, the playlists can still be played separately.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if anything else comes up.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I need to revise some info here... Turns out this only happens when using Spotify Connect to play on my Sonos speaker.

If I am already connected to a speaker I can't play, just like I described.

If I am not connected, I can start playing a folder but then it is impossible to connect to my Sonos speaker.

Marked as solution

Hey @kaislavirta!

Playlist folders are not supported in the current Spotify architecture that Sonos is using. However, like you pointed out, the playlists can still be played separately.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if anything else comes up.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts