Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play music via Spotify Connect (-> Sonos Speaker or Speaker Group)

Unable to play music via Spotify Connect (-> Sonos Speaker or Speaker Group)

Hi,

I am running a bug where Spotify will not play music to my Sonos speakers.

I have a number of Sonos speakers setup in my house: Connect:Amp powering speakers on my deck, three PLAY:1s in different rooms as well as a PLAYBAR in my living room). I listen to music on Sonos constantly and they work flawlessly except for the knows issue with Pandora music stopping on Sonos.

I've used Spotify successfully before but I just did a fresh install of my OS on my Mac Pro and reinstalled Spotify and it fails to play music.

I am able to play music through my computer speakers but when I try to play music through a single PLAY:1 or a group of PLAY:1s + PLAYBAR the music never starts and spotify slowly skips down through the tracks. I've installed Spotify on my Macbook Pro as well as get the same problem.

I've also tried playing other music and get the same result. I am however able to use Spotify Connect to change the output between my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro successfully. Finally I am running Spotify v1.0.72.117.g6bd7cc73 and Mac OS 10.13.2 on both systems.

Thanks in advance for looking into this bug.

- Ben

Screenshot 2018-01-19 10.00.11.png
1 Reply

I've also tried to play Spotify via the Sonos app and it fails with the same behavior, it skips through the tracks and gives a message that it is unable to play the content.

I've attached two screen shots, one showing the failure to play a tracke message and the other showing failure to query music via the spotify service.

I also reauthorized Spotify via the Sonos app to see check it was an auth bug and this did not affect the behavior.

Screenshot 2018-01-19 11.22.02.png
Screenshot 2018-01-19 11.20.49.png

Suggested posts