Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unavailable saved songs can be found through search

Unavailable saved songs can be found through search

Hey everyone!

Hope you're ejnoying this summer!

I've noticed a strange thing with some saved songs I have.

1122334455I don't remember how I was able to put that song to play, as I can't know because the Radio Edit version is removed, but it showed that strange string of characters.

Luckily those "unavailable" songs weren't many in my end but the strange this is that they all can be found through search, just that I can't play them in my Songs folder.

I don't think it's something in my end as I have tried every possible thing, even gave my account to someone I trust in another country to try it but nothing changed.

1. All the basic troubleshooting steps
  2. Numerous different networks and network settings in all possible ways
  3. Have even tried to full reset my devices, because it was time to do it (it's kind of a habit for me).
  4. Tried older versions
  5. Logging out and back in, I haven't counted how many times but it was a lot

If I've left something without trying please let me know 🙂

I know I could fix this if I save those songs again but it would take some time to get to the look that folder actually has.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey there! I hope you're doing fine!

The greyed out tracks just mean that for whatever reason, they are unavailable in your country. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies. 

Is there something missing that you were expecting to see? Go ahead and submit a request here to find out about missing content.

Have a nice day!

Hey @merlijnv2000, thanks for being part of the Community.

The thing is, as mentioned in my post, sorry it was a bit long and you may have missed it but the songs that are greyed do show up if I search for any of them, except for the radio edit version of Secrets from Tiesto.

So yeah, I've tried that too but no results 🙂

Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't really know how to fix this...

Suggested posts