Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unavailable songs not greyed-out in my playlist

Solved!

Unavailable songs not greyed-out in my playlist

Premium plan, CanadaMacbook Pro 15" Mid 2014, macOS 10.12.6

I created a playlist using the desktop app, selecting songs that are available (not greyed-out). However, several songs are not playable. When I view the playlist via a web browser, they are greyed-out. It appears the desktop app is not showing unavailable songs as greyed-out.

This can't be due to a desktop app setting, so what's up?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @djmarfmarf,

I've just checked on my Mac, and if Show Local Files are off, the item Local Files get hidden on the left column, so I can't figure out how do you still see your iTunes files this way.

Considering you also have an issue with quitting the app, I suggest downloading this free app cleaner.

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, click the search icon and search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

Note: after you reinstall make sure to go into the Spotify settings and redo your preferences.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Update: It appears some unavailable songs ARE greyed out, others are NOT.

Hi @djmarfmarf, thanks for writing!

Are any of those songs local files?

Have you checked your mobile app to see how it shows?

Also, could you paste the playlist link here?

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star

The tracks were not local files. I solved my problem by removing the song from the playlist and adding an available one. I had selected David Bowie's Young Americans from the Young Americans album (a non-remastered album), but I can no longer find this album, so I am unable to replicate the situation.

Meanwhile, since you mentioned local files: I had turned Off the Show Local Files setting, but the local files (from iTunes) are still shown, so it could have been a local file, though the local files can play. But, why are they shown if I have Show Local Files off?

Also, I have a different problem: When quitting the macOS Spotify app, the main window closes, but the app does not quit - I have to force quit the app, consistently. I have version 1.1.2.285.ga97985.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey @djmarfmarf,

I've just checked on my Mac, and if Show Local Files are off, the item Local Files get hidden on the left column, so I can't figure out how do you still see your iTunes files this way.

Considering you also have an issue with quitting the app, I suggest downloading this free app cleaner.

http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, click the search icon and search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

Note: after you reinstall make sure to go into the Spotify settings and redo your preferences.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I will try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Meanwhile, on the web version (using Chrome), I click on a track and a popup appears stating "This song is unavailable", however, I am listening to it, and all the other ones on the album. May I assume there are many unexplainable quirks with Spotify?

Thanks,

Francesco.

2019-03-27_13-55-28.jpg

Hey @djmarfmarf,

This message shows up generally when we have internet conneciton issues. And even if it's something that takes only a few seconds, the message sometimes doesn't go away until you click on the X at the right side.

Maybe you've noticed that it might also happens in the desktop app.

BittencourtSpotify Star

I have never noticed this 'unavailable' message appearing on the desktop for an availble song. I have very high speed internet, so internet connection ought not be an issue.

I have deleted, cleaned and reinstalled the desktop app, and now the local songs do not appear, and the program successfully quits.

Thanks very much.

Great @djmarfmarf, I'm glad I could help you!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts