Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2018

Operating System

MacOSX Mojave

I blocked an artist (which, for some reason, is only possible via mobile). I'm now on my desktop and don't have my phone to hand, but I'm unable to unblock artists from desktop. Is this correct? I get a banner alerting me to use my mobile device to unblock artists.

If so, can anyone explain why this is a thing?! Why can't I block/unblock artists from Desktop?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sa124, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes you would need a movie device/tablet to unblock artists. Whenever you get hold of a mobile device, go to Your Library > Scroll down to Hidden > Tap 🚫 next to the artist/song you wish to unhide. 

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible on desktop at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @sa124, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes you would need a movie device/tablet to unblock artists. Whenever you get hold of a mobile device, go to Your Library > Scroll down to Hidden > Tap 🚫 next to the artist/song you wish to unhide. 

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible on desktop at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Is there a reason why this isn’t an option on desktop? Seems a terrible customer experience.

Hey @sa124,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I don't have information as to why this isn't available on desktop, but as provided in my last reply - if this is something you'd like to see on desktop you can create a new Idea about it.

Hope that straighten things out. I'll be here if you have any further questions or need help!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts