Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unfollowing artists against my will

Unfollowing artists against my will

Hello, it seems that my other topic was closed (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Unfollowing-artists-against-my-will/td-p/4621960).

Plan Premium

Country Romania

Device iPhone 8

Operating System Windows 10

I have news on this one - I noticed that on iPhone the artists are not followed while on desktop they are.

2019-03-20 02.05.52.jpg2019-03-20 02.06.23.png

5 Replies

Hey @VladBusca Sorry to hear you are having issues. Would you be able to confirm your device & OS version, current version of Spotify & a screenshot how your library appears on the mobile app.

Could you also please confirm;

• Is this happening for multiple artists?
  • Is the artist appearing in Your Library > Artists in the mobile app, even if it says that they are not following them on the artist profile page in the mobile app?

In addition could you please try;

• Unfollowing the artist on desktop, then follow them again
  • Does the artist now appear as 'Following' in the artist profile on the mobile app?

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

@marcaevans wrote:

Hey @VladBusca Sorry to hear you are having issues. Would you be able to confirm your device & OS version, current version of Spotify & a screenshot how your library appears on the mobile app.

Could you also please confirm;

• Is this happening for multiple artists?
  • Is the artist appearing in Your Library > Artists in the mobile app, even if it says that they are not following them on the artist profile page in the mobile app?

Hello, many thanks for the feedback.

iPh 8 (8.4.98.741) and Win 10 (1.1.2.285.ga97985ef). 

Yes, it is happening with multiple artists.

The artists that are appearing as Following on desktop are NOT appearing in My Library, nor on mobile or desktop.

@marcaevans wrote:

In addition could you please try;

• Unfollowing the artist on desktop, then follow them again
  • Does the artist now appear as 'Following' in the artist profile on the mobile app?

I did unfollow the artist on desktop, then follow again. Now it appears in My Library on desktop only. On mobile it is not in My Library nor shown as Following (I also restarted the app in order to check).

I also followed an artist on mobile, it appeared in My Library on mobile, but NOT in My Library from despktop app.

I just got this answer on my old topic:

"When you reach the 10k limit and follow or save a song, one of the older entries will be removed."

This is something I did suspected, but it is very wrong ...

Suggested posts