Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown random songs start playing

Unknown random songs start playing

I've been having this problem for about a month. I'll be playing an album or a playlist and suddenly it'll stop and start playing a completely random song that I've never heard. Most of the time it's not even really a song, but wolf houling noises on repeat or nature sounds on repeat where every song on this "album" is the same exact noise over and over again. Every time this happens it's the same exact music from different "artist" profiles. Sometimes I don't even have to be listening to Spotify, and it'll just randomly start playing on its own.

I haven't written down most of the artists names, but the ones that have most recently happened with were "Mediheal" and "Nokchure".

It would be awesome if someone could figure out how to fix this, because it's incredibly annoying and kind of creepy.

11 Replies

Hello @maycobain, Welcome to the community!

Seems like a really weird problem indeed. Spotify is pushing out an update atm, have you tried a clean install of the client?

To do that, follow the steps below:

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

Windows 7 or Vista:

1. Click File > Exit.
  2. Click Start then select Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
  4. Select Spotify in the list and click Uninstall.
  5. Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.

Windows XP:
Click File > Exit.
Click Start then select Control Panel.
Open Add/Remove Programs, select Spotify, then Change/Remove.
Go to http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall Spotify.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have this same problem. Sometimes they come on in the middle of the night on the stereo, waking everyone up. I found this thread because Mediheal is the most played artist on all Spotify for me! These auto-plays all seem to be "mood music". Here are some other "artists": 

S Ential

Tike Tika

Raehl Laif

Zum Bah

Lounge Queen

Medivol

17 Chakras

I would love ot have this fixed, or I'll end up dropping Spotify. It's getting to be ridiculous. I see no settings for "play mood muzak randomly" and I see almost no other people having this issue and only found this thread searching for one of the artists/playlists.

It even does this in the middle of me listening to actual music I have chosen and am purposely playing.

In short, what the hell is going on? I am a paid subscriber. It's almost like some code for providing automated doctor's office muzak got accidentally let loose. 

I'm having the EXACT same issues. Spotify will, out of nowhere, start playing this "mood music" and one artist in particular is Nokchure which indeed has a wolf howling in one of its nature/mood tracks.

It also played itself late at night waking me up just as OP reported.

Considering this happens on ANY device I use Spotify on, I really don't see how uninstalling the program is going to help.

I escalated your message and will report back when I get an answer from the team.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes! I suspect this is a one wolf feature int he code that has run amok. I could certainly use some calming music after listening to Opeth and Slayer, but I'd like this to be voluntary.

Hey @maycobain@pocius@Xtrackt and @Zero_G1,

Thanks for contacting us here in the Spotify Community.

You'll need to get in touch with our customer services team directly using the online contact form.

They'll be able to assist you further with this.

Let us know how you get on!

Found it guys...I noticed this spotiamb thing as one of my devices. It's a hack. It's a fake device that jumps in and plays these artists. Its explained here. Now...how to fix it?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Spotify-Connect-Exploit-Spotiamb-0-2...

Yes! That's exactly what happens. Keeps connecting to spotiamb. It's so frustrating - I deleted all devices, changed all passwords, and once I got spotify up and running again the FIRST thing it did was play that music again.

Same

I think this is the solution:

1. Be sure to log out and shut down any instance of the standalone app running anywhere <--IMPORTANT

2. Log in via the web https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

3. Choose "Offline Devices" from the left menu

4. Remove them all. I don't see any repercussions here. I guess it syncs afresh next time you use the app/login but doesn't matter really.

5. Change your password (also on the left menu)

I don't see any devices now and all my playlists are there and I am thinking that this won't happen again. 

Incidentally, this is spotiamb. I don't even use Windows and have no recollection installing or trying it.

http://spotiamb.com/

Suggested posts