Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iMac Core 2 Duo

Operating System

Mac OS X 10.11.5

My Question or Issue

I updated with new version, downloaded with full installer on dmg.

Checking with Deltawalker that there are differences in Spotify Helper frameworks, which are now smaller.
When the new version starts, it closes. I have deleted all the support folders inside my user library and preferences, it still doesn't work. Is it compatible with my system? Does the direct update from 1.1.24 install a different version?
The mandatory update system has never worked correctly for the user permissions. Before I had two applications, one in my administrator user and another in the folder of my usual non-administrator user. But I've been installing a single version in the main application folder for a while, as it should be, and updating manually by downloading the full dmg of each version. How should it work better?

Regards,

Jose Luis

P.S. message translated mechanically since I don't speak English. I apologize if I have not expressed myself correctly.

1 Reply

I was able to reinstall the program with the installer from the zip downloaded from the main page.
I have installed it now in my user's personal folder, and despite being the same version 1.1.25 that gave me problems, now I don't know why it seems to work.
The aforementioned frameworks seem to be the smallest of the new version. What difference then exists between the version downloaded with the DMG and the one installed from the zip?
Could it be that the installer installs something else or a customized version?
Will I have to install two versions in my user box then to use Spotify both from my administrator user account and from my usual computer account?
At least it works, I was already considering leaving Premium, since it does not work on an iPhone 3GS with which I have speakers and other peripherals, it does not work correctly on an iPad 3 either. And now it seemed to give me more problems on the computer.

Suggested posts