Video ads way too loud

Solved!

Re: Video ads way too loud

Anamariagrey
So true. I can't stand it. Have u found an app to fix that problem?

SDsdFSDFSDFFS
Casual Listener

SPOTIFY DOES THAT ON PURPOSE TO IRRITATE THE **bleep** OUT OF YOU SO YOU WILL PAY FOR THEIR PREMIUM!

SDsdFSDFSDFFS
Casual Listener

SPOTIFY DOES THAT ON PURPOSE TO IRRITATE THE **bleep** OUT OF YOU SO YOU WILL PAY FOR THEIR PREMIUM!

eblackrose00
Roadie

Spotify's goal is for you to be connected to all the world's amazing music, even if you are a Free user. We would like to explain this further for you.

We're sorry you’re unhappy about the volume of the ads you’re hearing on Spotify. Hope you understand they are key in allowing us to keep the Free service free even while being able to also pay artists and rights holders for their music.

Meanwhile, have you tried out Premium? We’d recommend checking it out. Along with on-demand access to Spotify’s 30 million tracks and the ability to listen offline, there are no ad interruptions. You can try it!

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫
Solution!

Lutherniel
Casual Listener

People have problem with the ads volume, not the ads themselves. Is blasting the volume to maximum for the ads really necessary?

cjromb
Casual Listener

This doesn't work on my Mac. :(

mrfizzbin
Casual Listener

Seriously?  What advertising guru sold you that idea? It's an insult to everyone's  intelligence to come up with that excuse. By boosting the volume on your adverts, you are simply annoying your clients and driving them away. Maybe that's why this thread is 13 pages long and growing

dsDoan
Music Fan

This is still an issue.  Most ads use an appropriate volume, but, holy **bleep**ing **bleep**, some ads are ridiculously loud.  Pointfest's ad, for example, was tremendously louder than other ads.  I've been listening to Spotify for the past half hour with a sleeping baby two rooms away, then an ad for "Primus at Peabody Opera House November 5" comes on BLARINGLY loud, waking the baby.  This obnoxiousness is not going to push me toward premium.  This obnoxiousness is going to push me to another music-streaming service, which does not abuse my eardrums.

xuzan
Regular

I agree!

The fix is to turn the volume on the Spotify app all the way max, then have your computer or sound device turned down to the volume you want.

This is a fix that someone mentioned a few years ago and it works because the ads cannot be louder than you have the Spotify volume set.

Good luck!

lskeys777
Regular
Yeah, except it's not the average volume, it's the overly compressed higher volume ones that are the problem. They will always be louder than any properly produced Addison track, and have the ability to rip your head off.
SUGGESTED POSTS