Video ads way too loud

Solved!

Re: Video ads way too loud

candicerose

Date: August 16, 2018

Videos are wayyy too loud. I ride a motorcycle with ear buds everyday. When the video ads come on, it hurts my ears because its so loud! Sometimes I'm scrambling to find the cord and yank it out of my ear while im on the freeway and i cant stop to take them out. Spotify, please fix this issue. Sometimes it scares me while im riding, its really not a good idea Spotify. I cant just turn down the volume while I'm using both hands on my motorcycle. 

lskeys777
Regular
I'VE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!

DON'T USE SPOTIFY - THEY RIP-OFF THE ARTISTS ANYWAY

Use one of the many streaming radio services - at least the artists get paid for the radio broadcast part and radio has been around for many years and already know how to engineer commercials so they don't blow your head off.

BTW - that that voice over girl that has always done spotify adds needs to fire her under experienced, obvious boyfriend audio engineer who constantly OVER compresses her voice to the point of pain. She needs to go and whoever is behind the ads needs to go with her. They don't deserve to be working in any broadcast capacity ever. If I could start a black list they all would be at the top!

TO91

Check out the FCC's rules about volume control in advertising, legally required to keep volume regulated to the medium being used.  They can cause hearing lose to people using this tatic to get you to purchase their premium content.  Should come with a warning before an Ad plays about hearing loss. 

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/loud-commercials

SUGGESTED POSTS