Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Videos keep stopping music streams where music no longer plays

Videos keep stopping music streams where music no longer plays

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Operating System

OSX 

My Question or Issue

At work here in Silicon Valley, I'm sitting here listening to a stream on my premium plan while I work.  Lately, a lot of "Hot Country".  Anyway, lately there's a lot of music videos in this playlist.  When Spotify hits a video, it puts up a little banner at the top that it can't play the video, and all music just stops.  Maybe this is because I'm on some corporate VPN, but this behavior is awful.  It doesn't continue to the next song or item in the playlist, and it'll just sit there and not play anything until I manually intervene.  This is infuriating!!!!  There are literally videos every other item in the playlist, so this happens *all the time*.

Please get rid of this behavior.  If you can't play an item, move on to the next one that it can play.  I am paying for you to not interrupt my music with ads, but this is interrupting my music with videos (that I don't want nor care about) that it can't play.

Fix please.

4 Replies

Hey @shemazar.

I understand your frustration, and will pass this feedback on to the right team.

In the meantime, you can create a new playlist without the videos to avoid this interruption. Using the desktop app, you can click a song > hold shift > click the last song of the playlist, and drag/drop the selection on to a new playlist.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Just in the last 15 minutes, I've had my music stream interrupted *3* times because of these stupid videos that are "unable to play in your location".  I'm sitting in California.  What's up with that?  This is infuriating!!!

5 more interruptions in the last 20 minutes.

Hey @shemazar,

Still having trouble with this? If so, could you tell us if the issue with not being able to play videos in your location also happens outside of work, and with other devices?

Keep us posted!

Suggested posts