WTF happened to Spotify?

Highlighted

WTF happened to Spotify?

Hugovdd
Casual Listener

Everything is over sized and there so much wasted space everywhere. The header bar is huge.

The system menu should be next to the logo and no under it, you would win a good 25 px. And whats up with the 10 pixels above and under the search bar.

When I browse my playlist I like to go through songs using the playback buttons at the bottom left and then some songs are louder than others so I adjust the volume right next to it.

Why is it all the way at the right?! Why can't I use CTRL+F anymore in my playlist or anywhere else?

Why can't I drag offline songs from windows explorer into playlists anymore?

Why can't I resize the playlsit columns anymore?

Why can't I access the playback button on the windows taskbar anymore? Same on my mac...
Why can't I edit ID3 tags for local songs anymore?

The UI is complete garbage compared to what it used to be, there's so much empty space everywhere. What's the point of the play icon at the right of tracks. I already know what song is playing since it's highlighted in green and I can just double click the song to play it, that column together with the ... column is completely useless. If I want options for a specific song, I just right click it, just like anything else on Windows.

Sometimes when I open spotify, it re-opens the friend feed even though it was closed on exit.

Also you have a huge header but only 1 third of it is actually grab-able. The title "Spotify Premium" is huge compared to everything else. You get rid of all the apps, yet it still uses musicxmatch for lyrics?
The New Playlist button is as big as the song artwork, title and artist. Either make new playlist smaller or the song info bigger, use the same font size across the app, it looks really inconsistent right now. Most of it is oversized and some is under sized.

19 Replies

Re: WTF happened to Spotify?

Ehrendil
Casual Listener
I think you said it all.
Bring us back the former version!!

Jorsett
Regular

I can't fathom what they're doing to their program, I really don't get it.

Mv826
Music Fan

Hey Fellas,

Also, THE BATTERY DRAIN IS REAL

I have posted this in another thread on my beliefs; I have a Macbook Pro Mid 2012 (SSD installed & Ram upgrade)

but anyways, if anyone can find a complete release note history for every single spotify version, let me know

Read Below if you have time and lets bring attention to a more effiecient Spotify or at least a little button that makes it more efficient for us laptop users

"

Hey,

I noticed that in the lastest version of spotify 1.0.1, the battery was draining heavily

I was doing my work at college and looked up and was like gjgghjthtngtngt howd my battery drain so quick?

I realized it was the lastest update and been monitoring it on my mac

The older versions of spotify were much lighter. I have reverted back to 0.9.15.27 and have saved the installation files because spotfiy when restarted installs the latest edition automatically!!

I simply just want all my playlists and songs, i dont need any activity feeds, messages, what's new, whats being heard around the world etc, i just want plain simple with a nice sleek black look. So far im happy at 0.9.15.27 theres easily a 40% more efficiency in this version compared to the lastest.

If any spotify developer reads this, please create an option in the lastest versions of spotify that can allow a user to enable a powersaving simplicity mode that just allows access to the playlists and songs in a nice clean sleek black appearance cause that is all most of us want.

Also, increase your cache, i have increased mine from 2gb to 8gb. This will help ease spotify from using excessive power and wifi to stream tracks when it can rather just keep framents of the song/ most recently played songs on your computer

Let me know if you do any testing and find any more efficient versions. Im a busy person, so I have no time to look for a clean stable and simple version. If it bother me enough, I will look but i like this version for now. (Energy impact on activity manager 4-6 while playing a song and having spotify in the back while doing your work. With spotify open, and browing the internet I'm at an energy draw of 8.4 watts, which is not bad at all. (I'm a tech freak in a sense that i keep track of how much power my macbook is drawing and its temps/ fan speeds) (Love Macs) 

Best,

Mv826"

ElJarno
Casual Listener

For me as a developer in a marketing agency it's also "confusing" for me what they might think in the developing unit. "Hey what's about doing it completeley different than all the others on ther market. WOW that would be very exciting". Like **bleep** all the well known user experience functionalities...

fr0zen
Regular

I hope that they are just experimenting, and after seeing how big mistake they have done, they will bring back the earlier look and feel.

uberlag
Casual Listener

and now the volume bar is on the right side, separated from control buttons like play/pause
this change makes me go crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

PS: JUST GIVE ME BACK THE OLD UI

frogspasm
Music Fan

I agree I don't like this version at all. There is also the issue that the now playing page in last fm scrobbler does not display the song in now playing anymore. The placement of the volume control is not good on the right. The program seems not to be as resposive and hangs a lot more often with new version.

BBrown
Casual Listener

I'm asking myself the question you've named this string, while jumping up and down screaming about my Spotify apps disappearing. PITCHFORK! I can't believe this actually happened. Plus all the other stuff you've described.

Give me Pitchfork back! 

Ukaei
Music Fan

Going by their track record on how often they update their PC app... this client will be the standard for awhile. 

SUGGESTED POSTS