Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We're not able to play this video in your country, so we STOP the whole playlist.

We're not able to play this video in your country, so we STOP the whole playlist.

Hello!

For quite a long time, I ran into a bug and decided to write about it.

Recently, some spotify playlists start with an embed video (probably these are music videos). But 99% of these videos are not available for playback in my country.

The problem is that Spotify, instead of switching to the next track, shows a blue notification that “We're not able to play this video in your current location” and simply STOPS playback. So I have to go to the next track manually.

It's pretty **bleep**ed experience, especially when you walking or do some stuff away from the computer and suddenly the music just stops for no obvious reason. I was sure that Spotify designers are aware of this problem and will fix it in the next release. But it's been almost a year since I noticed this bug, and there's still no fix.

So, here we are. Please, it seems really easy to fix this problem.

Thank you!

img-2019-02-18-18-21-13.png
1 Reply

Hey @iamartboard.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Video's are available for certain areas in the world. USA, Germany and Sweden being a few of them.

Is it possible that you are from a country where we provide Videos but are currently abroad? Because if you are abroad we won't be able to provide you with Video's and you'll get the error.

If you are currently in the region where we are able to offer Videos, but you are still getting the error message, try to do a reinstallation to see if that solves the issue. You can read here how.

Hope this post helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts