Step 1

NEXT STEP

When does the new OS X update come out?

Solved!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is out right now for some users. As with all Spotify releases, the roll out will happen over a period of time. Once the roll out reaches your account, the client will automatically update (or display the blue restart to upgrade banner).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Do you know if Spotify Desktop will have retina display support for Mac?

Marked as solution

The beta from December has retina graphics on my rMBP, so I expect the final version does too.

Marked as solution

@nickwaz98 - It is random mostly as far as I am aware in user groups, although groups like community rock stars do get releases first. They roll clients out of time, especially on the desktop so they can monitor and usage closely before everyone gets it. Easier to downgrade a few thousand users if something goes wrong than millions I guess.

Peter

Marked as solution

From what I have read, within the next month!

Peter

Marked as solution

As far as I know the update will roll out gradually. I don't think it's account related, but a random process. 
I believe Spotify will finish the roll out within this month. 🙂 

I haven't got my update (Mac) yet, but I did update it manually (unofficial). 

12 Replies
Marked as solution

It is out right now for some users. As with all Spotify releases, the roll out will happen over a period of time. Once the roll out reaches your account, the client will automatically update (or display the blue restart to upgrade banner).

Peter

Marked as solution

Do you know if Spotify Desktop will have retina display support for Mac?

So why don't they release them all at once? And how are people selected?
Marked as solution

The beta from December has retina graphics on my rMBP, so I expect the final version does too.

Marked as solution

@nickwaz98 - It is random mostly as far as I am aware in user groups, although groups like community rock stars do get releases first. They roll clients out of time, especially on the desktop so they can monitor and usage closely before everyone gets it. Easier to downgrade a few thousand users if something goes wrong than millions I guess.

Peter

Alrighty thanks. Do you think I can expect a release today for the desktop or is it a span of a few weeks? And what about the iPad? Is there an updte coming for that ever? 

The black desktop client should reach you pretty quickly but the Your Music feature may take longer. You can always sign up to the Beta Team to make it sooner though. Rumour has it that the ipad app is going through a major overhaul (badly needed) but Spotify never give out timescales I'm afraid.

Are we taking days or weeks?  I am keen to see what this update is like.

More than everithing I need to have the new My Music feature! I live in Switzerland... Do you know when this feature will be available here?

Marked as solution

From what I have read, within the next month!

Peter

I've received the update yesterday on my Android phone and one of my macs, but my other two macs are stuck on 0.9.7.x.

Why are two of my devices not reciving the update? I'm using the same account on all four devices, and have tried restarting spotify a few times; I already have the 'Your Music' feature on the devices with the new version.

Marked as solution

As far as I know the update will roll out gradually. I don't think it's account related, but a random process. 
I believe Spotify will finish the roll out within this month. 🙂 

I haven't got my update (Mac) yet, but I did update it manually (unofficial). 

Suggested posts