Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where's the dislike button on Mac Desktop?

Where's the dislike button on Mac Desktop?

Plan: Premium Duo

Device: Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System: MacOS Mojave

There are 2000+ posts in the community referencing the dislike button, but they all get marked as 'duplicate,' or as 'implemented,' even though only the Windows version and mobile versions actually have a working dislike button. It seems like Spotify already has this feature on every other platform you support. It's adding a button. C'mon guys. How hard could it be? 

As things stand, I have basically the same playlists in iTunes as I have in Spotify, so right now it really doesn't matter which I listen to.  I really only use Spotify on my MacOS desktop, and I don't think my wife's using Spotify at all. I was hoping paying for Premium would expose me to new music I don't have already. But if I can't 'dislike' songs that I hate, you're gonna keep playing the awful stuff for me unless I listen to the same curated playlists all the time, in which case I might as well just use iTunes. So I'm going to cancel my account, unless you can give me a timeframe when I can expect this feature to be implemented on Mac Desktop.

4 Replies

Hi there @randomcat,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We can confirm that the option to hide a song or an artist that you don't like is only available in some playlists like your Discover Weekly and Release Radar on the desktop app and the web player. If you're not seeing the option () when you hover the cursor over the song, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If the issue persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This could be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble and to ensure you're running the latest version of the app.

If you'd like to see this feature in any section of the desktop app, we recommend taking a look at this idea. You can add your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it so you're on top of any new updates we share about it.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions, give us a shout. We'll be happy to help.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure a 'dislike' button needs to be in every section of the desktop app, that might be a little much. All I want is to be able to say I don't like the current playing song (or artist), and it needs to remember that I don't like that song or artist so it can skip the disliked songs. If I tell Spotify that I don't like a particular song, that means I never want to hear it again, in any context, on any playlist, on any platform. Please let me know whether that will be possible in the near future.

Hey @randomcat,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand why that would be a great feature to have.

What is meant with every section is that you have the option to dislike or hide a song/artist not only on some Made for You playlists, as it is right now, but on any content you play (any playlist, Radios, etc.).

Although we can't commit to a specific timeline, the right folks are aware of that highly voted idea, which makes it more likely to be implemented.

We hope this clears things up.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I've cancelled my Spotify account.

Suggested posts