Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can I no longer see all the songs by an artist?!?!?

Why can I no longer see all the songs by an artist?!?!?

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 

I opened my computer to listen to Spotify today for work and I discovered on an Artist's page that the songs are not listed out anymore! There are the top 10 most popular songs and then the albums which you now have to individually click through to listen to them. 

THIS IS TERRIBLE! 

I listen through artists entire discography every day for work - it's how I focus and it's how I discover if I like new artists. When I'm trying to find new artists, I like to play through their songs from various albums to get a sense of what their vibe is and listen through to hear their evolution. 

I shouldn't have to make a separate playlist to listen to an artist's entire work and I don't want to listen to an artist radio - I want to listen to their work in order! I AM BEYOND **bleep**! 

This new UI is **bleep** for the user and also for the artists! 

Additionally - what happened to the popularity metrics? That was also very helpful to use to browse through an artist's song collection to see if I wanted to put them on my radar. 

Please fix this or tell me how to download an older version of Spotify - please and thank you! 

5 Replies

10000% AGREED!!
Please fix Spotify 🙏🏼

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

At the moment there isn't a feature that allows to play all of an artist's albums in chronological order. As a temporary workaround you can manually add the albums to the queue, and they will play in the selected order.

Also, we recommend having a look at this Idea which suggest this exact feature.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Go to artist page, click SEE DISCOGRAPHY and click the list view button. Or am I missing something?

AeroZ_0-1626200781364.png

Yes, what is missing is the ability to see all songs by an artist on 1 page (eg so you can listen to all the songs by a given artist, without having to click through every album / single). That view does not put both albums and singles on the same page

The idea you linked does not match the idea posted here, however this one does: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Developer-Discography/idi-p/5198850

Suggested posts