Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why did my Liked songs list disappear?

Why did my Liked songs list disappear?

So I used to be able to see my liked songs and all of a sudden when I go to that tab there is nothing there but a message that says, "You're favorite songs will appear here", etc. I can still see hearts by my favorite songs in different playlist that they are in. But I can't find a list of them all anywhere. Why? Below is my requested info.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

17 Replies

I'm also having the same problem. Have you found a solution? My community request is below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Why-did-my-Liked-songs-list-disappear/td-p/4786169

Nope! I'm not even getting much response at all. Sorry.

Hey there @MPrudeaux, @makannn

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the used device? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

It's also possible you created more than one Spotify account and you logged in to the one with no saved Liked Songs. To check this we suggest going through the steps described here. This way you can find out the account with your songs collection. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

I only have one Spotify account and do not share my device with others. Also I have completed a clean reinstall many times and my Liked Songs are still missing.

I am currently going through the exactly the same problem with my MacBook Air and have an ongoing thread entitled "cannot find my liked songs".

I have received some good advice and have found my liked songs by logging to Spotify on to my iPad. Just awaiting some advice about how I might transfer my liked songs library to my MacBook now as that is my preferred advice.

Like you I only have one Spotify account and do not share my device with others. 

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out about this here. 

Would you mind double-checking (exactly like @lesgale did) if your Liked songs are displayed as they should when you access your Spotify account with a different device?

Your Liked songs playlist should normally be the same across all the devices you access your account with, so if everything works fine with a different device but not with yours, it'd be a good idea to start trouble-shooting your device as it might be the problem. If you can reproduce the issue with a different device as well, please let us know the following additional info so we can take a closer look and get back to you: 

• Device(s)

• Exact version of the operating system your device is running

• How much storage space is there available on your device? 

• Do you have an SD card?

• Exact version of Spotify

• Does it happen on WiFi or 3G/4G? Home or work network?

• Do you use any cache-clearing apps?

Thank you for your cooperation. We'll look out for your updates and are always available to help with this and anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, could you specify what you mean with trouble-shooting the device?

I have the described issue on my macbook pro, while my liked songs do appear on my phone and my old laptop (also mac book pro). I did re-install spotify on the affected device. I only have 1 spotify account.

Is it maybe not compatible with iOS Catalina (using 10.15.3)?

Pls specify what you mean by trouble-shooting, and how I can solve the issue.

Thanks

to specify further:

spotify 1.1.29.592.gf0779179 (re-installed again today, still not working)

iOS catalina 10.15.3

macbook pro 2.8ghz quad core intel core i7

205 gb storage available

no sd card

happens on wifi, home network (didnt try on other networks, however my other devices do work on this network)

no cache clearing apps (that i know of)

i think that was all. pls advise.

thanks.

Hey @schirin_ninii,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this useful info. 

I use the Spotify app with my MacBook Air (Catalina 10.15.3) without a problem and can confirm the Mac OS's version shouldn't be the issue here.

First of all, let's check if there's any updates available for Spotify on your affected device in case you missed the automatic ones. If the app updates, it'd be great to restart both the app itself and your MacBook (possibly, shut the MacBook down and leave it a few minutes before turning it on again) before logging in to your account again. Also, make sure to test the newly installed app with not too many apps and processes running at the same time since this might also affect Spotify's responses.

If this doesn't work, although you mentioned you already tried reinstalling the app, would you mind trying a thorough reinstall to see if that helps restore the normal state of your Liked songs? Deleting all the traces of the app's current state on your laptop and then installing a fresh, brand-new app is highly likely to work in this case.

Let us know how you get on. We're looking forward to hearing back from you and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator

I have the same problem. The like songs are available on the Phone, just not on desktop.

• MacBook Air (2018)

• macOS 10.15.6 (19G73)

• ~83GB

• No SD card

• Exact version of Spotify: 1.1.38.558.g4b100958

• Wifi/home

• No cache clearing apps

I have the same issue.

MacBook Pro 2018

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Version:  1.1.39.612.g1e7e78a4

Hey drfnord and @2z8pg-_tn5man,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way your app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

hi. i can see on my mobile , but not in my computer 😞 i restart the program, reset the computer, but i just cant continue seeing it on desktop.

also, if i play the song on my mobile, doesnt sounds on the computer

Hey there @carbozzano, apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you do, we’d first recommend checking your hosts file and remove all entries including Spotify. Head here to find out how to do this.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I have got similar situation only one difference. My "liked songs" disappeared from my mobile phon but I can see it on my PC.

Terrible situation. Any help?

Thanks.

Update!

Reinstall app helped.

Thanks

Hey there @drp4ul

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We're glad to hear that it got sorted out. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts