Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

With the #MeToo movement, I think you need to reconsider the option to "ban" artists from my Spotify

With the #MeToo movement, I think you need to reconsider the option to "ban" artists from my Spotify

Everytime I hear about an artist being accused by multiple people of sexual misconduct I have to go through all of my playlists, sorting, make sure I don't have their songs anywhere as I want nothing to do with people who do this type of thing. I understand the decision was made not to allow "exluding" artists on (at least) Spotify Radio. I think not only should you reconsider that, but also reconsider that we should have the choice of which artists to support or not. There should be an option to remove all of an artists music from my account easily as well as not having to be subjected to their music in any other playlist or radio. PLEASE help us by showing these artists that it's NOT OK to take advantage of ANYONE. This is the only small way I can do so - by not listening or promoting their product. Thank you.

4 Replies

Your musical preference is yours alone. Please don't assume everyone else cares for your social justice whims. We have courts to decide whether people are guilty of a crime, not the internet.

So you think the court system never lets guilty people go? Lol. Either way, it's irrelevant, if i believe personally that there is sufficient evidence, I shouldn't be subjected to their music or support them in any way. I want the OPTION to never hear an artist if I so choose. I'm not saying Spotify should do anything other than give me the option.

Hey @Hypnoz123,

Thanks for reaching out via the Community.

We really appreciate your thoughts on this and will make sure they're passed on to the right team. The best way to show your support for such a feature would be in this thread.

We'd also like to understand the full context of the artists you're referring to. We take the integrity of our catalogue very seriously. If you could reach out with more info via the contact form, that would be great. 

Thanks!

Hello, i would like to signal Spotify, that they actually streaming songs by a known singer who recently  was suspended from the Voice France for innapropriate tweets advocating terrorism. The diffusion of this song by the "artist" Mennel is simply untollerable. You can look up for yourself the contents of her tweets, which we the french people have been outraged by. Please remove her content and cease her contract ASAP thank you.

Suggested posts