Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't load downloaded playlists or queue when offline

Won't load downloaded playlists or queue when offline

Plan: Premium 

Device

(Macbook Pro mid 2014)

Operating System

(macOS Catalina 10.15.7)

My Question or Issue

when offline, it won't load my playlists or even my queue after the 1st or 2nd click on a playlist. I've had Spotify for years and have NEVER had this problem until this stupid new update and interface. I'd understand somewhat if the playlists weren't downloaded LITERALLY FOR using offline but this is inexcusable. The whole point is to be able to play them offline and now all I get is the 3 loading dots and I'm lucky if after 3-5 minutes of that the playlist actually comes up. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled spotify and also turned my computer off multiple times...still having the issue. 

9 Replies

Hey hey @Th3freek!

Thanks for reaching out. This doesn't sound right and we'll do our best to help you out here.

We appreciate you sharing with us what you have tried so far. Here are a few other things you can test to get this fixed:

• Turn off Enable hardware acceleration in your Settings. 

• Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.

• Remove host files. Head here to find out how.

In case the issue persists, we'll need to know your exact Spotify version so that we'll be able to investigate further.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

https://youtu.be/6LRLBKk2OAM

Here is a link to a video I uploaded that shows you the problem.

I tried everything from disabling the hardware accelerator to "removing" the host files (even though the link you provided didn't seem to be removing anything, just adding too the host file, but anyway) and still will not work. This is reaaaaaaally annoying.

btw my Spotify version is: 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a

Hey @Th3freek,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you experience the same issue when the app is manually set to Offline mode using the steps here? Note that we recommend always turning it on when not connected to the internet in order to properly optimize the app.

If that doesn't fix things - could you let us know if you experience this issue on any other devices? If you could ask a friend or family member to log in to their account on your Mac and check if they experience the same behavior, that would also help us get to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

Doesn’t matter if I manually take it into offline mode or just don’t have internet connection. The result is the same. One of my friends is having the exact same problem with Spotify on his Mac, so I know it isn’t JUST my Mac or JUST my account.
My phone works just fine with no connection and in offline mode. 0 issues. So at this point it seems to be just an issue on my Mac

Hey @Th3freek,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We tried on our end on three different Mac models and it looks like this might be related to the device model.

We'll need more information in order to investigate this further.

Could you share with us what model and from which year your friend's Mac is?

If possible, could you try logging in to your account on Mac that came out in or after 2019? Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I am experiencing the exact same thing as OP and has shown in his YouTube video. I've tried the manual 'offline mode' as well as disabled hardware accelerator. 

Windows 10 21H1

Spotify Version 1.1.60.668.gff09d345-a

Hey there @krissuess,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community.

In this case, we suggest running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, try clearing your hosts file with the steps you'll find in this guide.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same thing on my android phone.  I have the media taking space on my phone but it won't play because it won't load. 

Logout and log back in. Check for available firmware updates. Make a clean reinstall (see guide here) Try with another device if possible.

Suggested posts