Won't play albums, playlists, in full - after one song goes directly to "related music" queue

Won't play albums, playlists, in full - after one song goes directly to "related music" queue

Music Lover
‎2016-08-22 09:04 PM

I only use Spotify webplayer on my MacBook. I use it daily, regularly listening to albums, playlists, radio, etc. A few weeks ago, the White House released President Obama's Summer playlists (a daytime and a nighttime). I added both of them. Strangely, since that very day, I can no longer listen to any album, playlist, continuous queue of tracks by a single artist. NOTHING. It plays one song and then goes directly to playing the "related music" selecltions. Every time. No matter what I am trying to listen to, no matter how I am trying to listen to it. And this band Cryostasis (which I have never heard of and isn't like anything I listen to) comes up more often then not. Scrolled through other help topics. Feel like I am going wacko. Suggestions?

3 Replies

Re: Won't play albums, playlists, in full - after one song goes directly to "related music&quot

Top Star
‎2016-08-22 09:57 PM

Hey @rgindc! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.
Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies?
Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Follow me on Spotify!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!

Re: Won't play albums, playlists, in full - after one song goes directly to "related music&quot

Edited
Bedroom Songwriter
‎2016-08-22 10:03 PM

OOPS! Disregard my answer, I thought you were using the Mac app. Sorry!

Hi! That sounds really weird. :/ Have you tried uninstalling the Spotify app, and reinstalling it? I know it isn't fun to do that, but often it fixes these kinds of issues. If that didn't work, you can try to delete Spotify's cache files. You can delete them by opening finder and holding down `Shift–Command-G`, then typing in `/Users/<your-username>/Library/Application Support/` and then dragging the folder labeled "Spotify" to the trash.

Best of luck!

Matt

Re: Won't play albums, playlists, in full - after one song goes directly to "related music

Music Lover
‎2016-08-25 02:27 AM
Cleared my entire browsing history, cookies, cache, etc. a few times. Nothing changes. Ever. Had switched to Premium and early in the summer but now I'm gonna dump Spotify unless I can figure something out before the next billing cycle.
SUGGESTED POSTS