NEXT STEP

Wrong Form of Song Playing

Wrong Form of Song Playing

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 13, Mac Desktop, Mac Web Browser

My Question or Issue

When I play certain songs on my playlists it replaces them with different versions of the song. For example, when I play a Kpop song it will change it to the English version, even when I don't have the English version in my playlist. It seems to do this on the actual album as well, so it's not just my playlist being wrong.

5 Replies

Hey @kyaann,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please send us the URIs of the songs and the album? You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, it seems like the biggest one is this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/1Wcr8zrKqbUX0zwN8Dbr16?si=92810bc49dbd4e56

Instead of playing the Korean version regardless of how I select the song it plays this version: https://open.spotify.com/track/0rXBxNaEX9pJSV8U7xYUXr?si=afa7b400cc5c4d13

It happened with a few other songs, but I removed them from the playlist and re-added them and that seemed to fix the problem for now. However, the example above did not fix after trying this.

Thanks

-Kya 

Hi @kyaann,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We ran some tests with this song, but weren't unable to reproduce the issue. Just to confirm, is this happening across all the devices you shared on the first post? 

Also, could you share with us the URL of the affected playlist? This way we can take a direct look at it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Thank you for looking into this, but it seems to have fixed itself. When I check the album, it plays the correct version and I just needed to re-add the song to my playlist.

I'll keep you posted if I run into this issue again.

Hey @kyaann,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine at the moment. If you need any additional help, the Community will be here for you.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts