Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong artists showing up with the same name

Wrong artists showing up with the same name

Hi Probably posting this in the wrong place so apologies but is there anything that can be done to prevent and fix artists with the same name showing up in the wrong playlists? My release radar playlist regularly has new tracks by artists I love yet when I play them they're the completely wrong artist. I found a link on an old thread to report meta data but when I paste the Spotify link in it says "Invalid input, please paste one or more album links separated by commas" Anyone have any advice please, highly irritating. Thanks
3 Replies

Hey there @Manny90_,

thanks for posting in the community !

In order to report a content issue i suggest using this help page.

However, if you want to prevent an artist from showing up on your "Release Radar"

i suggest using the "Don't Play The Artist" feature.

Let me know what you think 😃

Hi! I also have had a similar issue where a different artist with the identical name of the artist I actively listen to is in my Release Radar playlist (Smog, aka Bill Callahan). I haven't used the 'I don't like [this artist]' feature for this playlist yet because I'm not sure if it would either solve or exclude the artist I actually listen to just by virtue of them having the same name.

If I could have confirmation from Spotify that this is the way we should troubleshoot the issue, or further input on how to direct these playlists to select the artists we actually listen to in the future, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Hello @frequenting,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts