Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong order in play queue

Wrong order in play queue

Dropping in whole albums in play queue gives them the wrong order.

I've seen this behaviour before, but wanted to note it here.

What I did was to drop the whole new album from Kendrick Lamar into the play queue. And no matter how I do it (right clicking » add to queue or dropping it onto the play queue button) it adds the album in random order.

I don't have shuffle active.

This is the order it gets dropped in (the same thing happens if I copy the tracks):

King Kunta
Institutionalized
The Blacker The Berry
You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
i
Mortal Man
Wesley's Theory
For Free? - Interlude
These Walls
u
Alright
For Sale? - Interlude
Momma
Hood Politics
How Much A Dollar Cost
Complexion (A Zulu Love)

But the order should be:
Wesley's Theory
For Free
King Kunta
Institutionalized
These Walls
u
Alright
For Sale?
Momma
Hood Politics
How Much A Dollar Cost
Complexion (A Zulu Love)
The Blacker The Berry
You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
i
Mortal Man

I see no real logic in the changed order either. It's not guest artists, it's not track length, alphabetical order or … anything that I can figure out.
5 Replies

When I queue that same album, it is in the correct order for me.

Have you tried reisntalling Spotify to see if that fixed the queue order problem?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need to drop it in or right click for the error to occur.

That is, if I select all tracks (not via the album queue menu selection) and right click add to queue. Or select all tracks in an album and drag and drop them onto the play queue.

I am not able to reproduce this problem in my Spotify app. That's weird...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm able to reproduce this problem on Windows. Has happened with several albums, including https://open.spotify.com/album/5GyGFzu6xezfUvT3eImX1G and https://open.spotify.com/album/2iYw6R8T4DycaeS3LUz575. It always seems to put the songs in the same wrong order.

Happens both when I drag them on the queue button and when I right-click and Add to queue, but apparently only when I've selected all the songs on the album and then try to add to queue - not when I right-click the album name and Add to queue there.

Happens to me as well. Haven't noticed the exact pattern, but it's usually the last 3-4 tracks end up jumping to the top of the list. I'm forever dragging & dropping tracks my queue to fix the problem. I'm on Windows 7, version 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b.

Suggested posts