Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Siri on Mac (OS X catalina)

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceMacBook Pro 2019Operating SystemOS X Catalina My Question when you try to use siri to check spotify, it is impossible because I am asked to update from the mac app store

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device MacBook Pro 2019 Operating System OS X Catalina    My Question   when you try to use siri to check spotify, it is impossible becaus...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Play/Pause + Last/Next Track media keys stopped working

Device: Macbook Pro late 2016, 13-in, 2016Operating System: macOS Catalina V. 10.15.3 My Question or Issue I've been using the Spotify desktop app for a while and suddenly the play/pause and next/last track buttons stopped working. I tried playing so...

• Visitor
  • Device: Macbook Pro late 2016, 13-in, 2016 Operating System: macOS Catalina V. 10.15.3   My Question or Issue   I've been using the Spotify desktop app for a while and suddenly th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution friends cannot see my activity on their friend feed

A friend has just told me that my activity doesn't pop up on her feed.I've never done a private session & am constantly listening to music, so I can't figure out why I wouldn't be showing up.I decided to toggle some of the settings ("Share my activit...

• Visitor
  • ...ctivity feed.  Anyone know what else I can do to make sure my activity is public for my friends? Thank you!! 
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Two different devices using my Spotify account can play different songs at the same time! Why?

Hi there everybody.. When playing a song on Spotify on my Mac - I used to be able to change it using Spotify on my iPad. I like this feature. It was like using my iPad as a controller. But since about 6 months ago, it stopped working, meaning I can a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there everybody..   When playing a song on Spotify on my Mac - I used to be able to change it using Spotify on my iPad. I like this feature. It was like using my iPad as a controller. &nbs...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

click next to the song doesn't show the track in the playlist anymore

Hey,since I updated my spotify version a few days ago a for me very importend function doesn't work anymore:when i play a playlist with a lot of tracks inside i could click next to the titel of the song and artist in the low left corner and inside th...

• Hey, since I updated my spotify version a few days ago a for me very importend function doesn't work anymore: when i play a playlist with a lot of tracks inside i could click next to the titel of t...
  • rkilgore
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Pop Up Button on the Mac

On the Mac, there is button to make a small square pop up with your music that allows you to skip songs and pause. This was working around early March, however, it is not working now, which is a little inconvenient because I used to use it a lot to h...

• Visitor
  • On the Mac, there is button to make a small square pop up with your music that allows you to skip songs and pause. This was working around early March, however, it is not working now, which is a litt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • easy music
    Mac
    pop up button
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity not updating properly on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountry: Australia Device Macbook Air 2017Operating SystemMac Version 10.13.2(High Sierra) My Question or IssueMy friend activity keeps blanking out and I normally follow 40 people but only 10 people are coming up on my Friend Activity

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country: Australia    Device  Macbook Air 2017 Operating System Mac Version 10.13.2(High Sierra)   My Question or Issue My friend activity keeps bla...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • FriendActivity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Next song starts somewhere in the middle

On some playlists (the last one this happened on was "Deep House Relax") when one song ends it starts the next some somewhere in the middle after an unusually long crossfade. After some investigation, it seems this is a feature that some playlists ha...

• Roadie
  • On some playlists (the last one this happened on was "Deep House Relax") when one song ends it starts the next some somewhere in the middle after an unusually long crossfade.  After some invest...
  • douira
  • Roadie
  • 51 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 51 replies
  • 22 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Activity Desktop

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2015Operating SystemMacOS Catalina 10.15.3 My Question or IssueOver the past few days, my friend activity feed has failed to update and at times friends have stopped appearing from the feed. I only fol...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2015 Operating System MacOS Catalina 10.15.3   My Question or Issue Over the past few days, my friend activity feed has failed ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Filter is back in Albums view! But it doesn't quite work right.

Thank you for finally adding a filter function to the Albums view. This is a looonnnng overdue feature. I'm glad to see that it's there and that it filters the grid of albums as you type. One problem:It only filters on the album title. If I type "Rad...

• Music Fan
  • Thank you for finally adding a filter function to the Albums view. This is a looonnnng overdue feature. I'm glad to see that it's there and that it filters the grid of albums as you type.   On...
  • moonstargalaxy
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently played artist not updating

PlanPremium Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.3 My Question or IssueYet another post about recently played artists not updating! There's a number of posts regarding this that have been closed claiming that it's been fixed.. it hasn't, it's still a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.3   My Question or Issue Yet another post about recently played artists not updating! There's a number of posts regarding this th...
  • ClintCarrion
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • macOS
    recent artists
    still an issue
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't seem to get rid of "sponsored" banner on Browse page

HiWhen I opened up Spotify there was a huge banner advertising Post Malone with the small letters saying it was sponsored content. I'm a premium subscriber so why am I still getting an advert. I've attached a file to show what I mean. There seems to ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi When I opened up Spotify there was a huge banner advertising Post Malone with the small letters saying it was sponsored content. I'm a premium subscriber so why am I still getting an advert. I've...
  • lasuax
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't delete playlists on macbook

Premium Device(Macbook pro 2017 13" & 2018 15")Operating System(catalina) I can't seem to delete playlists on either of my macbooks. I click delete but nothing happens. This is the case for the sidebar as well as my public playlists screen. Persists ...

• ...appens. This is the case for the sidebar as well as my public playlists screen. Persists even after removing Spotify and redownloading it.    Gave it a go on my iphone and it worked. &n...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcasts (saved and suggestions) disappeared? Menu gone?

After the last update I just performed, I can't access any podcasts anymore. No menu for them any more. When I search for podcasts, I get a completely non-responsive menu that gives me nothing. All my saved podcasts have disappeared as well. Premium ...

• Casual Listener
  • After the last update I just performed, I can't access any podcasts anymore. No menu for them any more.   When I search for podcasts, I get a completely non-responsive menu that gives me nothi...
  • RamseyJansen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why is there still no way to save albums offline on desktop?

So I recently wanted to save some albums for offline listening on my mac, but apparently you still can't do that without having to convert it into a playlist... I've found a thread about this from 2014. How can it be, that this is still not possible ...

• Visitor
  • So I recently wanted to save some albums for offline listening on my mac, but apparently you still can't do that without having to convert it into a playlist...  I've found a thread about this ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! liked songs remove

PlanPremiumDeviceMacBook Pro 13" 2018Operating SystemMacOS CatalineeMy Question or IssueHow can I remove the liked songs? Check image attached, I don't even have an option to remove certain songs

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device MacBook Pro 13" 2018 Operating System MacOS Catalinee My Question or Issue How can I remove the liked songs? Check image attached, I don't even have an option to remove cer...
  • rsales9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mutes After Using Other Apps

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong DeviceMacbook Air 2019 Every time I watch a video on Youtube or Netflix, Spotify mutes itself when I play music afterward. It is on full volume and the music is playing, but there is no sound coming out. I've tried reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong   Device Macbook Air 2019   Every time I watch a video on Youtube or Netflix, Spotify mutes itself when I play music afterward. It is on full volume a...
  • Theresiap
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Mac Desktop App showing Arabic

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountry US Device MacBook Pro (13" late 2013)(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System Catalina 10.15.3(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue As shown in the attachment, "Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan    Premium Free/Premium Country  US   Device   MacBook Pro (13" late 2013) (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System   Ca...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot access an album

PremiumCanada DeviceOSX Spotify or Android, same behavior.Operating System My Question or IssueFor some reasons I cannot access an album that I used to be able to access:https://open.spotify.com/album/2DVILs7Y6eVHv8e6h2haAISame behavior on desktop OS...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Canada   Device OSX Spotify or Android, same behavior. Operating System     My Question or Issue For some reasons I cannot access an album that I used to be able to ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [DESKTOP MACOS] can't disable crossfade

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceMacbook Pro mid 2012Operating SystemmacOs Catalina My Question or IssueCant disable crossfade. Same playlist on iphone does not have crossfade enabled.Have already installed Spotify again, according to some answers about...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Macbook Pro mid 2012 Operating System macOs Catalina   My Question or Issue Cant disable crossfade. Same playlist on iphone does not have crossfade e...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes