Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

BLUETOOTH blocking the MAC

Hi community I noticed that my Mac is often heating and when I look more into the monitor, there are some tasks that are using a lot of memory, disk and processor, specially CFPREFSD when looking on Internet forums, it seems that bluetooth with spoti...

• Regular
  • Hi community   I noticed that my Mac is often heating and when I look more into the monitor, there are some tasks that are using a lot of memory, disk and processor, specially CFPREFSD  ...
  • viensvoirtonton
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player won't work

Whenever i try to open web player, i get this screen that says that something went wrong and that i need to reload the page. I did that and it didn't work. I tried resetting my laptop and it still didn't work. I need help please.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever i try to open web player, i get this screen that says that something went wrong and that i need to reload the page. I did that and it didn't work. I tried resetting my laptop and it still di...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to prevent local files from playing?

I've got tons of MP3s on my Mac, many of them live. It happens very often so that when I play an album from Spotify, it suddenly plays one of the tracks from the local hard drive instead of the one on the album. I prefer to use iTunes to play the loc...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got tons of MP3s on my Mac, many of them live. It happens very often so that when I play an album from Spotify, it suddenly plays one of the tracks from the local hard drive instead of the one o...
  • richbobv
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

OSX - Spotify App Must be Force Quit after logging in: Spotify Crashes on Exit.

Premium PlanUSADeviceMacbook Pro late 2018Operating SystemHigh Sierra Version 10.13.6 My Question or IssueAs the title indicates, once I have logged into the Spotify app on OSX, it works fine, but must be Force Quit in order to close. If I delete ~Li...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Plan USA Device Macbook Pro late 2018 Operating System High Sierra Version 10.13.6   My Question or Issue As the title indicates, once I have logged into the Spotify app on OSX, ...
  • rexfordadam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad banners block Album Title

I scroll to the bottom of an album, and this rapper banner blocks the titles of the Albums. Other ads let it appear normally. Changing my screen resolution doesn't help. It's only this specific ad that blocks the titles.   PlanFree/PremiumCountry Dev...

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 10.45.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 10.45.47 AM.png
  • Gig Goer
  • I scroll to the bottom of an album, and this rapper banner blocks the titles of the Albums. Other ads let it appear normally. Changing my screen resolution doesn't help. It's only this specific ad th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    Desktop Mac
    Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Where's the album cover in the new macOS interface?!

The album cover in the bottom left corner have completely disappeared with the new desktop interface!Someone can, explain why is a good idea to take off album cover?

• Regular
  • The album cover in the bottom left corner have completely disappeared with the new desktop interface! Someone can, explain why is a good idea to take off album cover?
  • israelbarros
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

com.spotify.client - always the same since years...

Hello, first I'm Premium User under Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 with my Mac Mini mid-2012.My question : how to change "com.spotify.client" location to use a different hd. In my case : change the location from an hd ssd to a normal hdd ... to avoid short ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, first I'm Premium User under Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 with my Mac Mini mid-2012. My question : how to change "com.spotify.client" location to use a different hd.   I...
  • samsamy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Audio stops using Spotify Client on Mac with Bose USB Speakers

Family PlanPremiumUK 5K iMacMojave 10.14.6Spotify 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b IssueSpotify has recently randomly stop playing audio through my Bose USB Speakers - this has worked for years. The song continues playing but with no audio... switch the audio to...

• Casual Listener
  • Family Plan Premium UK   5K iMac Mojave 10.14.6 Spotify 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b   Issue Spotify has recently randomly stop playing audio through my Bose USB Speakers - this has w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LENTITUD EXTREMA EN iMAC al cargar las listas, covers e info

Tengo una iMac con iOS 10.9.5 (Mavericks). La app instalada demora SIGLOS en cargar. Inclusive una vez que cargó mis listas y la actividad de mis amigos, cuando cambio de una lista a otra, nuevamente la demora. He instalado la app varias veces y nada...

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo una iMac con iOS 10.9.5 (Mavericks). La app instalada demora SIGLOS en cargar. Inclusive una vez que cargó mis listas y la actividad de mis amigos, cuando cambio de una lista a otra, nuevamente...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Recently Played artists not updating on Homepage

Plan = PremiumCountry = Ireland DeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)Operating System10.15.3 (19D76) My Question or IssueThe recently played artists on my homepage never update. When I click the "Recently Played" under "Your Library" they upd...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan = Premium Country = Ireland   Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Operating System 10.15.3 (19D76)   My Question or Issue The recently played artists on my homepage...
  • Cen92
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download spotify app on Mac OS X 10.9.4

Hi! I downloaded Spotify on my new Macbook Air a month or two ago, when it suddenly stopped working (the app wouldnt open). I then deleted the whole thing and tried downloading again - though when I try to open the newly downloaded app, it wont open....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I downloaded Spotify on my new Macbook Air a month or two ago, when it suddenly stopped working (the app wouldnt open). I then deleted the whole thing and tried downloading again - though ...
  • gusissocute
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes pausing when episode starts--have to manually press play at beginning

Spotify premium. Mac OSX 10.15.2, Macbook Pro 2015 13" I listen to podcasts in sequence. But each time the next episode plays after the previous one ended, it pauses about 30 seconds in. This happens every time an episode auto-queues, and it essentia...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify premium. Mac OSX 10.15.2, Macbook Pro 2015 13"   I listen to podcasts in sequence. But each time the next episode plays after the previous one ended, it pauses about 30 seconds in. Thi...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot upload and save my playlist cover image

Ive seen many threads about this issue, but I still cannot upload a simple image to my custom made playlist? I'm also a premium customer if that was potentially a special feature, therefore I'm wondering how to make this work?

• Ive seen many threads about this issue, but I still cannot upload a simple image to my custom made playlist?   I'm also a premium customer if that was potentially a special feature, therefore ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
    Upload
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 30 firewall may be blocking Spotify

DISCLAIMER: I DID the Clean reimstare and no proxy, NOTHING. I logged out of Spotify while doing the quick and clean reinstall and now I get this message: ERROR 30. PLEASE HELP. I am on Mac Mojave Version 10.14.6 MacBook Air 11-inch, Mid 2013 Most up...

• Gig Goer
  • DISCLAIMER: I DID the Clean reimstare and no proxy, NOTHING.   I logged out of Spotify while doing the quick and clean reinstall and now I get this message: ERROR 30.   PLEASE HELP....
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On Mac, search text field often misbehaves

When typing in the search bar on my Mac (Mac Mini, macOS Mojave), I often face 2 behaviours that make searching difficult:Sometimes the caret stays at the beginning of the text box as I type, making the text come out in reverseSometimes as I type, th...

• When typing in the search bar on my Mac (Mac Mini, macOS Mojave), I often face 2 behaviours that make searching difficult: Sometimes the caret stays at the beginning of the text box as I type, maki...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop and Website are not synced

I reinstalled the Spotify Desktop last version, but no changes. When I play a music on the website, regardless of what being played on the desktop, it is going to play both concurrently. Plan: FreeDevice: MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.6

• Casual Listener
  • I reinstalled the Spotify Desktop last version, but no changes. When I play a music on the website, regardless of what being played on the desktop, it is going to play both concurrently.   &nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 30: firewall mistake

Hi there, i don't know what it's happened. My spotify app doesn't work on my Mac.I've always the same message: Error code 30: a firewall may be blocking Spotify I don't use firewall, proxy, any of these...I can't find any guide or solution to solve t...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, i don't know what it's happened. My spotify app doesn't work on my Mac. I've always the same message:   Error code 30: a firewall may be blocking Spotify   I don't use firewa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't hear song

FreeUSADevice-MacbookWhenever I try to listen to a song it starts to play and i can see the timer moving but I can't hear anything. I have made sure that my volume is up and if i go to YouTube I can listen to the song just fine. I have restarted the ...

• Visitor
  • Free USA Device- Macbook Whenever I try to listen to a song it starts to play and i can see the timer moving but I can't hear anything.  I have made sure that my volume is up and if i go to ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't install newest update

Yesterday, my spotify was working perfectly. It told me to download the new update, and when I did, the install window has been stuck like this for hours. This is now my 5th time trying to install the new update. Any ideas? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.52.53 AM.png
  • Visitor
  • Yesterday, my spotify was working perfectly. It told me to download the new update, and when I did, the install window has been stuck like this for hours. This is now my 5th time trying to install th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts on desktop

How come you can't mark a podcast episode as played on the desktop app. I can mark it played on my phone. Speaking of podcasts on the phone… How come it doesn't remember how I want my podcasts sorted? I always have to select it again that I want it s...

• Visitor
  • How come you can't mark a podcast episode as played on the desktop app. I can mark it played on my phone. Speaking of podcasts on the phone… How come it doesn't remember how I want my podcasts sorted...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • desktop podcast
    E-mail Notifications
    Functions
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes