Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! How to get Spotify not to auto-play next song in playlist?

Hi everyone, I have a quesiton I'd love help with. Can someone tell me if it is possiblle to not have Spotify automatically play next track in a playlist I have created. i want the song to end when it has played out. This is for my MacBook. docutale

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,    I have a quesiton I'd love help with. Can someone tell me if it is possiblle to not have Spotify automatically play next track in a playlist I have created. i want the s...
  • jayknowstheway
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Smart Google devices not showing up in Connect list

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating System10.15.3 (19D76) My Question or Issue When I play music from the Mac desktop app and try to connect to any speaker in the house, none of them show up! When I look at connected ...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System 10.15.3 (19D76)   My Question or Issue   When I play music from the Mac desktop app and try t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Google Home
    Google Mini
    Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing music to KakaoTalk is broken

Plan: PremiumCountry: France Device: Macbook Pro 16, Catalina When I'm sharing a title, playlist or album by posting a link to KakaoTalk it doesn't display title, artist and image anymore, the link to the song works however. It was working before the...

• Plan: Premium Country: France   Device: Macbook Pro 16, Catalina   When I'm sharing a title, playlist or album by posting a link to KakaoTalk it doesn't display title, artist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SKIPPING TO ARTIST IN PLAYLIST.

I used to be able to press the first letter of the ARTIST to jump directly to that particular lette. I remember using this functionality a few years ago but it's been removed. It was super helpful as some of my playlists have more than 400+ songs. Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to press the first letter of the ARTIST to jump directly to that particular lette. I remember using this functionality a few years ago but it's been removed. It was super helpful as...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Nothing displayed under "Artists" category (macOS)

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceMacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)Operating SystemmacOS Catalina, version 10.15.3 My Question or IssueWhen I click on the "Artists" category, not a single artist is displayed displayed there. All I get...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-07 um 12.12.08.png
  • Visitor
  •     Plan Premium Country Estonia Device MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) Operating System macOS Catalina, version 10.15.3   My Question or Issue When I ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Play Current Song

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceMacbook Pro 2018 Operating SystemMojave Every time I start using my computer again after letting it go to sleep and I try to play a song on Spotify, it will say that it can't play the current song (to every song inc...

• Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Macbook Pro 2018  Operating System Mojave   Every time I start using my computer again after letting it go to sleep and I try to play a song...
  • KE_WANG
  • Casual Listener
  • 25 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 31 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists and artists do not load when I first open the app

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of America Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)iMac 4k 2019Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)MacOS 10.14.6 My Question or IssueWhenever I open the spotify app after a shutdown or ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States of America   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) iMac 4k 2019 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) MacOS...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play the current song

I keep getting the "Can't play the current song" error whenever I switch from spotify to another app and sound starts playin there (e.g. Chrome/Youtube). Even if the song on spotify keeps playing in parallel at some point the song stops (even though ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting the "Can't play the current song" error whenever I switch from spotify to another app and sound starts playin there (e.g. Chrome/Youtube). Even if the song on spotify keeps playing in ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spam despite premium subscription!

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am being spammed with suggestions and albums despite being subscribed to premium. I am unsu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)         My Questio...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify altering my 'liked songs'

Hi, I have had spotify premium for over 4 years now, and noticed this happening quite often lately. Whenever I check up on an artist that I am 100% certain of that I have 'liked/saved' their songs of before, all of a sudden they would be un-checked o...

• Hi, I have had spotify premium for over 4 years now, and noticed this happening quite often lately.   Whenever I check up on an artist that I am 100% certain of that I have 'liked/saved' their...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution I cannot see what my friends are playing

PlanPremiumDevice(Macbook Pro)Operating System(MacOS Catalina) I cannot see what my friends are playing, nothing shows up in the sidbar. I have tried the clean installation instructions, restarting, and unfollowing/following to no avail.

• Plan Premium Device (Macbook Pro) Operating System (MacOS Catalina)   I cannot see what my friends are playing, nothing shows up in the sidbar. I have tried the clean installation instruc...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Press play and nothing happens

Hello. Spotify is working fine on our iPad and iPhone, however it will not work on my MacBook where I work. It opens fine and appears to be connecting online. When I press play it freezes in play mode at 0:00 and there is no sound. I use this for tea...

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 11.44.16 AM.jpg
  • Hello.   Spotify is working fine on our iPad and iPhone, however it will not work on my MacBook where I work.  It opens fine and appears to be connecting online.  When I press play i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web player not working

Whenever i open web player, i get a screen that tells me to reload the page because something happened. i tried that and the same thing happened. I tried to reset my macbook, but it still didn't work. I tried logging out and logging back in to spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever i open web player, i get a screen that tells me to reload the page because something happened. i tried that and the same thing happened. I tried to reset my macbook, but it still didn't work...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Play/Pause, forward and back button not working (f7, f8, and f9)

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssuePlay, pause and back button doesn't work even Spotify window is the only one active window.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Play, p...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

High CPU Usage by local FLAC files

Hi, I just solved my Spotify for Mac problem and would like to leave my solution here. I was affected by high CPU usage problem for quite a while now and tried several solutions from this community such as disabling hardware acceleration or reinstall...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I just solved my Spotify for Mac problem and would like to leave my solution here.   I was affected by high CPU usage problem for quite a while now and tried several solutions from this co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! CATALINA? Will it works?

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceMacbook Pro 2015Operating SystemMac OS Mojave 10.14.6 My QuestionHello I have a mac book pro (2015) with Mojave. I'd like to know if downloading the Catalina version might prevent my Spotify app from working. I don't want t...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country France Device Macbook Pro 2015 Operating System Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6   My Question Hello I have a mac book pro (2015) with Mojave. I'd like to know if downlo...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Songs in Like Songs Playlist in reverse chronological order

I am a Spotify premium user, in Canada. When using the Mac Spotify app (version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9 on Mac OS 10.14.4), I can sort liked songs by "date added": either oldest first, or newest first.If sorted newest first, payback works fine, plays ea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify premium user, in Canada.  When using the Mac Spotify app (version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9  on Mac OS 10.14.4), I can sort liked songs by "date added": either oldest first, or ne...
  • parekhshama
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

BLUETOOTH blocking the MAC

Hi community I noticed that my Mac is often heating and when I look more into the monitor, there are some tasks that are using a lot of memory, disk and processor, specially CFPREFSD when looking on Internet forums, it seems that bluetooth with spoti...

• Regular
  • Hi community   I noticed that my Mac is often heating and when I look more into the monitor, there are some tasks that are using a lot of memory, disk and processor, specially CFPREFSD  ...
  • viensvoirtonton
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player won't work

Whenever i try to open web player, i get this screen that says that something went wrong and that i need to reload the page. I did that and it didn't work. I tried resetting my laptop and it still didn't work. I need help please.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever i try to open web player, i get this screen that says that something went wrong and that i need to reload the page. I did that and it didn't work. I tried resetting my laptop and it still di...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to prevent local files from playing?

I've got tons of MP3s on my Mac, many of them live. It happens very often so that when I play an album from Spotify, it suddenly plays one of the tracks from the local hard drive instead of the one on the album. I prefer to use iTunes to play the loc...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got tons of MP3s on my Mac, many of them live. It happens very often so that when I play an album from Spotify, it suddenly plays one of the tracks from the local hard drive instead of the one o...
  • richbobv
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes