Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Ads cause music to stop constantly

Plan: FreeCountry: Canada Device: iMac (20-inch, Mid 2007)Operating System: OSX 10.11.6 I use the desktop free version downloaded from the spotify site. Originally it wasn't even playing ads. We realized it started when we noticed the music had stopp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: Canada   Device: iMac (20-inch, Mid 2007) Operating System: OSX 10.11.6    I use the desktop free version downloaded from the spotify site. Original...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Friends with Similar Taste in Music

Friend activity as-is is relatively useless (IMO). The feature hasn't changed in years and still resembles a basic exercise and showcase of interaction w/ the Facbook API. That being said, there is a real opportunity being lost to further encourage s...

• Casual Listener
  • Friend activity as-is is relatively useless (IMO). The feature hasn't changed in years and still resembles a basic exercise and showcase of interaction w/ the Facbook API.   That being said, t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • development
    Feature
    Friends
    legacy
    Product
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify ceased to work on MacBook Air

I wonder could you help-my Spotify has just ceased working on my MacBook Air. It's working on my phone no problem but I click play on anything on my Mac and it just won't even move so it's not a speaker issue as other sound plays on the desktop. Has ...

• I wonder could you help-my Spotify has just ceased working on my MacBook Air. It's working on my phone no problem but I click play on anything on my Mac and it just won't even move so it's not a spea...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to listen offline on my mac

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15 My Question or IssueAs far as I can tell ev...

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 21.41.09.png
  • Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) Operating ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ads playing on podcast even on premium

Premium planCountry: New Zealand DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemMac OS Mojave My Question or IssueI've been listening to the Magnus Archives podcast and I'm getting this problem where it'll play ads before the episode even though I have p...

• Premium plan Country: New Zealand   Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System Mac OS Mojave   My Question or Issue I've been listening to the Magnus Archives podcast and I'm ge...
  • clockwatching13
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to upload local files?

Family Premium Plan/USA/Macbook Air mid 2012/OSX Mojave Hi everyone. I've been trying to upload local files for a few days from my computer web player, and have been unable to do so. I have the desktop player and followed all the instructions online,...

• Visitor
  • Family Premium Plan/USA/Macbook Air mid 2012/OSX Mojave   Hi everyone. I've been trying to upload local files for a few days from my computer web player, and have been unable to do so. I have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to see friends feed

For a while now I'm unable to see my friends feed, now it just shows 1 out of 3 and none of the ones I added in the past day.

• Visitor
  •   For a while now I'm unable to see my friends feed, now it just shows 1 out of 3 and none of the ones I added in the past day.   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

“Spotify.app” would like to access files in your Downloads folder

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceMacbook Pro mid 2015Operating SystemmacOS Catalia My Question or IssueI updated to macOS Catalina a couple days ago, doing a clean install (completely wipe the hard drive and start new)I installed Spotify and was pr...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Macbook Pro mid 2015 Operating System macOS Catalia   My Question or Issue I updated to macOS Catalina a couple days ago, doing a clean install ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • catalina
    macOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Sorry, couldn't find that" error on Twitter

PlanFree/PremiumUSA DeviceMacbook Pro Mid 2015Operating SystemMacOS Sierra When sharing podcasts on Twitter, the Twitter Web App displays a "Sorry, couldn't find that" error. Seems to work fine on the Twitter app for both iOS and Android, but Chrome,...

• Plan Free/Premium USA   Device Macbook Pro Mid 2015 Operating System MacOS Sierra   When sharing podcasts on Twitter, the Twitter Web App displays a "Sorry, couldn't find that" err...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
    Twitter-Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Media Keys not working (F7,F8,F9)

Plan: Premium StudentCountry: USA Device: Macbook ProOperating System: High SierraMy Question or Issue: I used to be able to use the media keys (F7 for previous, F8 for play/pause, and F9 for next) to control spotify on my macbook pro. These no longe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Student Country: USA   Device: Macbook Pro Operating System: High Sierra My Question or Issue:   I used to be able to use the media keys (F7 for previous, F8 for play/p...
  • piercoucou
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop Spotify crashes every time on macOS 10.14.6

Plan PremiumBulgaria DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating SystemMojave 10.14.6 My Question or IssueEverytime I try to start Spotify it just crashes (does not start). Tried adding in privacy settings accessibility, no luck.Tried uninstalling the...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Bulgaria   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System Mojave 10.14.6   My Question or Issue Everytime I try to start Spotify it just crashes (does not st...
  • jdavchev
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Why does Spotify recommend Filipino music.

Why does Spotify recommend Filipino music at the bottom of my playlist? I don't listen to that genre of music, nor have I been to the Philippines?!?! I can understand recommended songs could be a helpful feature but now when it only suggests music in...

• Visitor
  • Why does Spotify recommend Filipino music at the bottom of my playlist?   I don't listen to that genre of music, nor have I been to the Philippines?!?!   I can understand recommended so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dislike button disappeared from daily mixes + they're no longer endless

PlanPremiumCountryMaltaDeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)Operating SystemMacOS 10.14.6 (18G95) When playing one of the daily mixes, there's only a "like" button, no "dislike" button. When using my iPhone, I still have both buttons. I've followed the i...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Malta Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) Operating System MacOS 10.14.6 (18G95)   When playing one of the daily mixes, there's only a "like" button, no "dislike" bu...
  • 0-ttykztc_8ir
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Codec sept. 2019

Hi,Regarding this link https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/#_=_Can someone tell me which codec is now used for the Desktop App, Smartphones and Tablet please?Because as it's written here it seems that it's AAC everywhere now...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Regarding this link https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/#_=_ Can someone tell me which codec is now used for the Desktop App, Smartphones and Tablet please? ...
  • Vasek
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Logitech K750 media keys

Plan:PremiumCountry:USA Device:Mac Mini 2018Operating System 10.14.6My Question or Issue: I have a Logitech K750 bluetooth mac keyboard, but the media keys don't work. I checked some links but some of them didn't work. I can't get beardedspice to wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan:Premium Country:USA   Device:Mac Mini 2018 Operating System 10.14.6 My Question or Issue:   I have a Logitech K750 bluetooth mac keyboard, but the media keys don't work.&nbs...
  • david33309
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Having to reinstall app every time I use it.

DeviceMacbook Pro late 2017Operating SystemMacOS My Question or IssueOn it's help page, spotify has decided that it's more realistic to try and list every potential issue anyone could ever have, rather than just let people tell them what the issue is...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Macbook Pro late 2017 Operating System MacOS   My Question or Issue On it's help page, spotify has decided that it's more realistic to try and list every potential issue anyone coul...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mac

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMacBook AirOperating SystemMacOS Mojave version 10.14.6 My spotify only opens on my Mac (Mojave 10.14.6) when my wifi is off, afterwards if I go back online it does not load any list of music. If I open it with the wifi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device MacBook Air Operating System MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6   My spotify only opens on my Mac (Mojave 10.14.6) when my wifi is off, afterwards if I go ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to the queue while ads are playing

PlanFree DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemOSX 10.14 My Question or IssueWhen queue is populated, and advertisements are playing, appending additional tracks to the queue causes the entire queue to be cleared.Only the one 'last added' song to the que...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Device Macbook Pro   Operating System OSX 10.14   My Question or Issue When queue is populated, and advertisements are playing, appending additional tracks to the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressing the 'Next' button when next song is an advertisement

PlanFree DeviceMacbook Pro late 2017 Operating SystemOSX 10.14 My Question or IssueWhile playing music, when pressing the 'Next' button when the next song is an advertisement, play button is 'paused' and neither advertisement nor music can be played ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device Macbook Pro late 2017   Operating System OSX 10.14   My Question or Issue While playing music, when pressing the 'Next' button when the next song i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Can't change playlist covers or playlist descriptions

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceMac Book AirOperating SystemMacOS Catalania 10.15.1 My Question or IssueSince about two days it is not possible for me anymore to change the covers or descriptions of my playlists. The picture uploads and saves normall...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Mac Book Air Operating System MacOS Catalania 10.15.1   My Question or Issue Since about two days it is not possible for me anymore to chang...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes