Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

[Mac + iPhone + Base QCII] Can't hear anything from iPhone, when Spotify is opened on slept Mac

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8, MacBook, Bose QCIIOperating SystemiOS, OS X My Question or IssueI have Bose QC attached via Bluetooth to iPhone 8 & MacBook. When I listen to Spotify on MacBook and close case, I can't listen to anything on iPhone (not eve...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8, MacBook, Bose QCII Operating System iOS, OS X   My Question or Issue I have Bose QC attached via Bluetooth to iPhone 8 & MacBook.   When ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bose
    iphone
    Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rearrange playlist

Trying to rearrange a playlist on my MacBook. Things were going just fine, until I used a filter option. I was hoping I could rearrange by song title and it would just stay in that order forever, but I was wrong. And now when I try to drag & drop son...

• Trying to rearrange a playlist on my MacBook. Things were going just fine, until I used a filter option. I was hoping I could rearrange by song title and it would just stay in that order forever, but...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can not download Mac app

Plan: PremiumCountry: SpainDevice: MacBook High Sierra When I try to download Spotify client for Mac from the official page https://www.spotify.com/int/download/mac/ I get 404 error:

• Plan: Premium Country: Spain Device: MacBook High Sierra   When I try to download Spotify client for Mac from the official page https://www.spotify.com/int/download/mac/ I get 404 ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Library] Volume normalization not working - local files from iTunes too loud

Hi! When I play some songs on Spotify on my Macbook they are too loud (they don't get turned down by the normalization). These are songs that I have bought on iTunes too, for example a couple of Paramore songs. I'm an audio engineer and I'm very cert...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When I play some songs on Spotify on my Macbook they are too loud (they don't get turned down by the normalization). These are songs that I have bought on iTunes too, for example a couple of Para...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app blurry on macOS Catalina

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceMacbook Pro mid-2019Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.1 My Question or IssueSo as the title states, my Spotify app has yet again gone blurry. The last time it occurred was around 2 weeks ago, then a reinstall fix...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Macbook Pro mid-2019 Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.1   My Question or Issue So as the title states, my Spotify app has yet again gone bl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle is not truly random

I would consider Spotify perfect if it weren't for this deficiency in this basic but necessary feature in a music player. Shuffle tends to push a constant subset of tracks day to day with very few that are fresh. That said, it might be due to having ...

• Casual Listener
  • I would consider Spotify perfect if it weren't for this deficiency in this basic but necessary feature in a music player. Shuffle tends to push a constant subset of tracks day to day with very few th...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Import iTunes Playlists to use with local files

PlanPremiumCountryCHDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016, iPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS, OS My Question or IssueHi all,I am looking to move from iTunes with Apple Music to Spotify.I have around 8000 songs in my local iTunes library which I am looking to im...

• Plan Premium Country CH Device Macbook Pro late 2016, iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS, OS   My Question or Issue Hi all, I am looking to move from iTunes with Apple Music to Spot...
  • Mateo_Miller
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • itunes
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Inconsistent label on the French Mac Desktop App

Hi team, i am a French user of your services.On the Mac Desktop App (1.1.21.1654.g282a2807), once on my profile page, the French labels used for the "Following" and "Followers" sections are misleading and not aligned to the ones (that are correct to ...

• Visitor
  • Hi team, i am a French user of your services. On the Mac Desktop App (1.1.21.1654.g282a2807), once on my profile page, the French labels used for the "Following" and "Followers" sections are mislead...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Newly added songs list as :02 sec, but actually are 41:00+

Free/Premium • PremiumCountry • USA Device • Late 2016 MBPOperating System • Catalina 10.15.2 Just added some audiobook files that I had been using Apple Music for but wanted to start using spotify for. When I upload them, each file lists as being 2-...

• Casual Listener
  • Free/Premium • Premium Country • USA   Device • Late 2016 MBP Operating System • Catalina 10.15.2   Just added some audiobook files that I had been using Apple Music fo...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Highlight playing track in playlist not working properly.

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: MacOS I've only just noticed the the jump-to-now-playing where you click the song title and it looks like it's supposed to jump to and highlight that track in the playlist, except that it jumps to the wrong track most ...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: MacOS   I've only just noticed the the jump-to-now-playing where you click the song title and it looks like it's supposed to jump to and highlight that...
  • gyabire
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution When I add a new song into my playlist it says the date added is "in 2 years"

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not appearing in playlist

Some songs I add to a playlist do not show up in the playlist or play when I shuffle, but when I search for them in the playlist filter they appear (see pictures below). Changing how the playlist is sorted does not appear to make any difference. Anyo...

• Visitor
  • Some songs I add to a playlist do not show up in the playlist or play when I shuffle, but when I search for them in the playlist filter they appear (see pictures below). Changing how the playlist is ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Playlists?

Hi, I'm using in my artist account on Spotify and trying to update some of my profile page material. The area that states "Artist Playlists" doesn't seem to find any playlists I've created in from my normal account? I don't see anyway to create these...

• Regular
  • ...ther playlists when I search, but doesn't show any I've created which are public and collaborative?   Can someone help? Thanks  
  • Grakkou
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • add
    Artist Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Date Added Reset for whole playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemOS 10.13 Since yesterday all the songs on my main Starred playlist changed to added "10 days ago" This really messes my organization cause I've been adding songs for at least 5 years. I'...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System OS 10.13   Since yesterday all the songs on my main Starred playlist changed to added  "10 days ago"...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Pause button near songs in "Liked songs" playlist not working

Macos Catalina 10.15.1Latest desktop app Hi, The "Pause" buttons which are located near each song in "Liked songs" playlist are not working. When press on it, it looks like happens double click and song just playing again. In any other place like oth...

• Casual Listener
  • Macos Catalina 10.15.1 Latest desktop app   Hi,   The "Pause" buttons which are located near each song in "Liked songs" playlist are not working. When press on it, it looks like happen...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't hear audio on new bluetooth speaker

PremiumUSA Macbook Pro Early 2015MacOS High Sierra I recently purchased the new Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 5 and all other means of audio play fine except Spotify. I can't hear anything on the speaker when I hit play and the Spotify Player and mac vol...

• Premium USA   Macbook Pro Early 2015 MacOS High Sierra   I recently purchased the new Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 5 and all other means of audio play fine except Spotify. I can't hear a...
  • pollans
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly won't update. I've tried all the other solutions.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI got back to using Spotify after a while and it turns out my Discover Weekly Playlist won't ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I got b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile picture not updating

PlanPremiumCountry Turkey Device(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016) My Question or IssueMy account is connected to Facebook and I have changed my profile picture on my Facebook profile however my spotify profile does not display any photos and does not...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey   Device (iPhone 8, Macbook Pro late 2016)   My Question or Issue My account is connected to Facebook and I have changed my profile picture on my Faceboo...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Daily Drive does not play Podcasts, but music

Hi there,I do like to hear my Daily Drive on my iMac. However, music is playing only. Every time podcasts and the like are in the playlists, I do not hear anything. At the next music, I hear sound again.What blocks the transmission of Podcast in Dail...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I do like to hear my Daily Drive on my iMac. However, music is playing only. Every time podcasts and the like are in the playlists, I do not hear anything. At the next music, I hear sound ...
  • mac2castle
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Play Songs

It is a Mac Air. I have premium. I have updated to the latest Mac System update. Spotify is up to date. I have reinstalled and deleted caches. Logged in, logged out. Restarted. Deleted wifi and logged back in... I am not sure what is going on but it ...

• Casual Listener
  • It is a Mac Air. I have premium. I have updated to the latest Mac System update. Spotify is up to date. I have reinstalled and deleted caches. Logged in, logged out. Restarted. Deleted wifi and logge...
  • arnavjain03
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes