Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Podcast Progress Bar

The progress bar for Spotify podcasts doesn't function correctly. When I get to the end of the episode, it goes to the next one but acts as if there are still several minutes left on the previous episode. This makes the "sort by unplayed" option usel...

•     The progress bar for Spotify podcasts doesn't function correctly. When I get to the end of the episode, it goes to the next one but acts as if there are still several minutes lef...
  • Franky_D
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Can't select all saved songs

Can't select all Liked Songs

• Community Legend
  • Can't select all Liked Songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Made for you tab gone

PlanFamily PlanCountryU.S.DeviceMacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)Operating SystemmacOS Mojave 10.14.6 I'm on desktop, and the "Made for you" tab completely disappeared. When I search up "Daily Mix", "Your Daily Mix" pops up, and it says "Applicatio...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Plan Country U.S. Device MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) Operating System macOS Mojave 10.14.6   I'm on desktop, and the "Made for you" tab completely disappeared. When ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop app starts downloading every time it is launched on Mac

PlanPremiumCountryIndia DeviceMacBook Pro 2017Operating SystemMojave (10.14.6) My Question or IssueThe App opens a installer and starts downloading everytime it is launched.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India   Device MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System Mojave (10.14.6)   My Question or Issue The App opens a installer and starts downloading everytime it is lau...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Save songs for offline on phone but not on computer

PremiumUnited States DeviceMacbook Pro 2018Operating SystemmacOS Mojave I have songs downloaded onto my phone for offline play. However, on my Macbook the same songs downloaded onto my laptop for offline play. I do not want songs downloaded onto my c...

• Visitor
  • Premium United States   Device Macbook Pro 2018 Operating System macOS Mojave   I have songs downloaded onto my phone for offline play. However, on my Macbook the same songs downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problème Connexion application spotify proxy

Depuis que je me reconnecte à internet puis le proxy dans les parametres de spotify.je met le mot de passe et après l'application sur l'ordinateur s'ouvre et quelques minute après l'application spotify se met hors connexion. le problème de cette appl...

• Composer
  • Depuis que je me reconnecte à internet puis le proxy dans les parametres de spotify. je met le mot de passe et après l'application sur l'ordinateur s'ouvre et quelques minute après l'application s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • application
    internet
    proxy
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently Played has stopped working...

'Recently Played' used to work in such a way that if you deleted that oldest album in the list, it would be replaced by the one before it.Now, for some reason, when you delete that last one, you are left with an empty 'slot'. See the screenshot which...

• Roadie
  • 'Recently Played' used to work in such a way that if you deleted that oldest album in the list, it would be replaced by the one before it. Now, for some reason, when you delete that last one, you ar...
  • maxartist23
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Current playing sone details are missing

Hi, It seems like something got broken since last update, song details are missing from Mac sidebar `Now Playing` component. Also, I am using this add-on for notifications:https://github.com/citruspi/Spotify-NotificationsWhich also failed to parse th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   It seems like something got broken since last update, song details are missing from Mac sidebar `Now Playing` component.   Also, I am using this add-on for notifications: https:/...
  • Sooperman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why is Release Radar full of repetition and overlap every week - without fail?

this has been going on for all this year. release radar keeps repeating artists/new albums each week. why?!i follow hundreds of artists and yet it gives me no variety - only repetition. incredibly frustrating, especially considering they removed the ...

• Roadie
  • this has been going on for all this year. release radar keeps repeating artists/new albums each week. why?! i follow hundreds of artists and yet it gives me no variety - only repetition. incredibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

how long does it usually take for greyed out music to come back?

We live in the USA and are using a Mac desktop. My husband loves the Alessi brothers and Barnaby Bye, and now almost all of their songs are greyed out. He worked hard on these playlists and these are 2 of his favorite groups. We are new to Spotify an...

• Casual Listener
  • We live in the USA and are using a Mac desktop. My husband loves the Alessi brothers and Barnaby Bye, and now almost all of their songs are greyed out. He worked hard on these playlists and these are...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song title with a time in it adds a base date of 1899-12-31 in front of it.

My Issue:When a song title has a time in it, a base date of 1899-12-31 is added with the time displayed in 24-hour format. Please see the attached screenshot of Elliot Smith's song "2:45 AM" as an example. The title displays properly in the album tra...

• Casual Listener
  • My Issue: When a song title has a time in it, a base date of 1899-12-31 is added with the time displayed in 24-hour format. Please see the attached screenshot of Elliot Smith's song "2:45 AM" as an ...
  • AndrewRobs01
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify on Mac is shockingly slow and freezes

Ive seen a few similar topics from a while back and wondered if Spotify actually ever reads these!! Is anyone else having same issue? Basically:Spotify freezes alotIve cleared my cache several times to rectify but am bored with having to do this. I d...

• Regular
  • Ive seen a few similar topics from a while back and wondered if Spotify actually ever reads these!!  Is anyone else having same issue?   Basically: Spotify freezes alot Ive cleared my c...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 95 replies
  • 57 likes
  • Cache
    disappointed
    Mac
    slow
  • 95 replies
  • 57 likes

Spotify Won't Open

fixed

• Visitor
  • fixed
  • guptai
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Won't Play

PlanFreeCountry United States DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueRecently my songs have stopped playing. I realized that the files under my host directory may be the cause of it. However, uninstalled the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  United States   Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue Recently my songs have stopped playing. I realized ...
  • alexkinter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically muting - no trigger

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacBook Pro 2018Operating SystemMojave 10.14.6 My Question or IssueSpotify is muting itself during playback. No identifiable trigger - it does it without me touching anything.

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device MacBook Pro 2018 Operating System Mojave 10.14.6   My Question or Issue Spotify is muting itself during playback. No identifiable trigger - it do...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac Desktop App
    Mojave 10.14.6
    mute
    version1.1.17.543.geb925
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly crashes while playing

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS Catalina My Question or IssueSpotify (1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3) keeps on crashing when I play music.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS Catalina   My Question or Issue Spotify (1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3) keeps on crashing when I play music. 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Profile Page Won't Load [DESKTOP MAC]

My issue here is that my page has been black for over an hour and a half, and this is on the updated desktop version. I've already reinstalled twice and it still hasn't worked. I'm just trying to add a profile photo! 梁 梁 Device:Macbook Pro "13 Late 2...

• Visitor
  • My issue here is that my page has been black for over an hour and a half, and this is on the updated desktop version. I've already reinstalled twice and it still hasn't worked. I'm just trying to add...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    Help Spotify!
    Mac
    picture
    profile picture
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

macOS Catalina 10.15 has been released!

As the title says, a new update for macOS has been released around 1 hour ago.Check more at Apple's site.

• Community Legend
  • As the title says, a new update for macOS has been released around 1 hour ago. Check more at Apple's site.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Troubles with Mac El Capitan 10.11.6

Hello,since months Spotify on my Mac El Capitan (10.11.6) gets slower and slower. It needs maybe up to ten minutes to see not a black screen only.But also when playlists are loaded after such long time, normally it is not possible to start any list o...

• Regular
  • Hello, since months Spotify on my Mac El Capitan (10.11.6) gets slower and slower. It needs maybe up to ten minutes to see not a black screen only. But also when playlists are loaded after such lon...
  • elf_chiu_chiu
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • capitan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio of my own release not possible to start

Plan: PremiumCountry: Denmark Device: Macbook Pro late 2013Operating System: Mojave 10.14.6 My Question or Issue:I put my first release on a newly created playlist and tried to start the radio. However, the Spotify web app keeps working on starting t...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Denmark   Device: Macbook Pro late 2013 Operating System: Mojave 10.14.6   My Question or Issue: I put my first release on a newly created playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes