Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

I CANT LOG ON THROUGH MAC DESKTOP BUT CAN THROUGH APP ON IPHONE

DeviceIMACOperating Systemmac OS Mojave 10.14.5 My Question or IssueI can not log on through my desktop, it says there is an error 3 with my username and password. But i can log on through my app on my iphone 7 no problem! I have tried a clean instal...

• Visitor
  • Device IMAC Operating System mac OS Mojave 10.14.5   My Question or Issue I can not log on through my desktop, it says there is an error 3 with my username and password.  But i can lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Automatic URI Retrieval

Hi, Is there any way I can set up an automated system (perhaps using IFTTT or something similar) that copies the URI from every song I have saved and every song I save thereafter and pastes it into a text file? Thanks

• Hi,   Is there any way I can set up an automated system (perhaps using IFTTT or something similar) that copies the URI from every song I have saved and every song I save thereafter and pastes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play N songs on repeat from a playlist of X songs where N < X.

I have a playlist of 12 songs. I want to play 5 songs from the playlist on randomized repeat, but NO, it's not possible on Spotify, because they have their own masturbatory ideas about what a queue is and how it should function. Is there some other w...

• Visitor
  • I have a playlist of 12 songs. I want to play 5 songs from the playlist on randomized repeat, but NO, it's not possible on Spotify, because they have their own masturbatory ideas about what a queue i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Crashing on macOS 10.14.5

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceMacBookPro10,2Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.5 My Question or Issue Spotify crashes with the following error after 30 seconds of start. Making it completely unusable on macOS!!! I posted a thread with the same issue yest...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device MacBookPro10,2 Operating System macOS 10.14.5   My Question or Issue   Spotify crashes with the following error after 30 seconds of sta...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I have many tracks throughout my playlists and Albums that can't be played.

I'm on Spotify Premium in Australia.I use Spotify on my IMac, macbook air, iphone x and iPad air and they are all having this issue.Spotify has been updated on both computers and devices.I have many tracks throughout my playlists and Albums that can'...

• Regular
  • I'm on Spotify Premium in Australia. I use Spotify on my IMac, macbook air, iphone x and iPad air and they are all having this issue. Spotify has been updated on both computers and devices. I have...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep Mobile device from wiping out Desktop Queue?

Family Premium United States DeviceDesktop: iMacMobile: Samsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemDesktop: macOS Mojave 10.14.3Mobile: Android 9Spotify VersionDesktop: 1.1.9.383.g9f48828eMobile: 8.5.11.762 My Question or IssueAt work (on the desktop) I'll q...

• Music Fan
  • Family Premium  United States   Device Desktop: iMac Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Desktop: macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Mobile: Android 9 Spotify Version Desktop: 1.1.9.38...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! revert to old version

Hey guys, how can I revert to the most previous version? Im getting really phucking tired of change for the sake of change. Jobs saw the future, cook is a tool and apparently spotify is a sheep

• Regular
  • Hey guys, how can I revert to the most previous version?   Im getting really phucking tired of change for the sake of change.    Jobs saw the future, cook is a tool and apparently sp...
  • Cyberkeeper01
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution cover of the songs is not displayed

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiMacOperating SystemmacOS High Sierra My Question or IssueAs you can see the images, a cover of the songs is not displayed. I tried restarting the program, uninstalling and installing again, and the problem persists. Wha...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iMac Operating System macOS High Sierra   My Question or Issue As you can see the images, a cover of the songs is not displayed. I tried rest...
  • fernandofabris
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect missing wifi speakers on Mac desktop

I have a Premium Family account in the US and use Spotify on multiple devices including my Pixel 3, Google Home, Google Home Mini, and 3 wifi speakers (2 Vizio and 1 Marshall). All devices are fully up to date and the Spotify app on all playing devic...

• Visitor
  • I have a Premium Family account in the US and use Spotify on multiple devices including my Pixel 3, Google Home, Google Home Mini, and 3 wifi speakers (2 Vizio and 1 Marshall). All devices are fully ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop can't see my sonos speakers, mobile can

I'm on a Premium (for family) plan. My desktop client is unable to see my Sonos speakers. My mobile client, which is on the same wireless network, can see them all just fine. Once I start playing something to Sonos from my mobile client, that speaker...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a Premium (for family) plan.     My desktop client is unable to see my Sonos speakers.  My mobile client, which is on the same wireless network, can see them all jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iMac, Spotify, Google Home and my (paid-for) mp3s. How do I get the music to play?

PremiumUSiMac 2018/iphone8iOS 10.14.5 I have been able to get some local mp3 files that I purchased onto my phone and my iMac. I added them to a Spotify playlist and the local mp3s play on the two OS devices. However, when I cast this playlist to my ...

• Visitor
  • Premium US iMac 2018/iphone8 iOS 10.14.5   I have been able to get some local mp3 files that I purchased onto my phone and my iMac.  I added them to a Spotify playlist and the local mp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant change playlist picture

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceMac pro 13Operating SystemMac OSMy Question or Issuei cant change my playlist picture/cover.it keeps saying 'that image is too small.it must be atleast 300x300'but i checked on every photo i've tried,it is 300x300 and la...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device Mac pro 13 Operating System Mac OS My Question or Issue i cant change my playlist picture/cover.it keeps saying 'that image is too small.it must be atleast...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify URI not working

Im trying to upload my playlist onto the playlist exchange but when I copy the playlist URI the error I get is like:'provide a valid Spotify URI' Why might this be happening?PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceMacbook Air

• Regular
  • Im trying to upload my playlist onto the playlist exchange but when I copy the playlist URI the error I get is like: 'provide a valid Spotify URI'   Why might this be happening? Plan Premiu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Library not syncing and music not saving

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacbook pro new modelOperating SystemMojave 10.14.5 My Question or IssueMy library wont save songs. I save an album and it wont show up in library. When i unsave an album it stays in my library.I've...restarted the computer...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Macbook pro new model Operating System Mojave 10.14.5   My Question or Issue My library wont save songs. I save an album and it wont show up in l...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceMac Book Pro 2017 modelOperating SystemMojave My Question or IssueI have recently moved to premium, and from past 1 day I am unable to play few songs both in android phone and my desktop. I have tried all the methods that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Mac Book Pro 2017 model Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue I have recently moved to premium, and from past 1 day I am unable to play few s...
  • maddujeevan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Home Changes

When I click on "Home" for the past month or so Spotify has just shown me "Recently Played" and my daily mixes. There used to be categories like "Summer Daze" and "Throwback Thursday" that were topical and were really good for discovering new music. ...

• Visitor
  • When I click on "Home" for the past month or so Spotify has just shown me "Recently Played" and my daily mixes.    There used to be categories like "Summer Daze" and "Throwback Thursday" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify playing podcast when I'm listening to a playlist

Hi! Spotify is automatically playing podcasts after the first song of the playlists I'm listening to. How can I prevent that? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Spotify is automatically playing podcasts after the first song of the playlists I'm listening to. How can I prevent that? Thanks!
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Hello! How do you use spotify as an alarm on your macbook pro?

Hi there - I would like to use spotify as an alarm on my macbook pro - doesn anyone know the best way to go about this? I tried Wakefy before but had trouble using it Many thanks in advance

• Visitor
  • Hi there -  I would like to use spotify as an alarm on my macbook pro - doesn anyone know the best way to go about this? I tried Wakefy before but had trouble using it   Many thanks in ad...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted songs in playlist

PlanUnlimitedCountryGermanyDeviceWindows DektopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI Accidentally deleted much songs in playlist. Normaly I can use CTRL+Z to restore them but not this time. The songs are gone I can't bring them back. Those...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Unlimited Country Germany Device Windows Dektop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I Accidentally deleted much songs in playlist. Normaly I can use CTRL+Z to ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files will not play at all

Can't get local files to work on desktop Spotify. I have tried logging out and back in, re-installing Spotify, deselecting the local libraries and re-selecting, selecting multiple different source folders, and I cannot get local files to play. They a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Can't get local files to work on desktop Spotify.   I have tried logging out and back in, re-installing Spotify, deselecting the local libraries and re-selecting, selecting multiple di...
  • CBPoindexter
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    el capitan
    local files
    Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes