Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI used to filter my playlists on my Spotify app on Macbook. Apparantly this is no longer poss...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I used ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Desktop update messes up scrolling with album art

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2013Operating SystemMojave My Question or IssueWhen I listen to spotify on the desktop app, I like to have the album art as big as possible because I like to see it. However the album art uses the same sid...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2013 Operating System Mojave   My Question or Issue When I listen to spotify on the desktop app, I like to have the album art a...
  • valentino98
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Macbook Kaput

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacBookOperating SystemHigh Sierra 10.13.6 My Question or IssueI couldn't download recently added Mac "Local Files" onto my android Pixel phone. In desperation, I uninstalled Spotify on my mac, and have since found Apple no...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MacBook Operating System High Sierra 10.13.6       My Question or Issue I couldn't download recently added Mac "Local Files" onto my android...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Search] OS X 10 no supported artwork glitching

On a mac mini the art work doesnt down load. The whole system is glitching in many ways. Spotify says it is not longer supported in few months and apple isnt providing updates. How do i revert to an older version of Spotify that will be more stable? ...

• Visitor
  • On a mac mini the art work doesnt down load.   The whole system is glitching in many ways.  Spotify says it is not longer supported in few months and apple isnt providing updates.&nbsp...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Connect] MacBook 10.9.5 - Spotify only available in Web Player

I can only use Spotify on the MacBook via "Web Player (Chrome)". Clicking on the Spotify in the menu bar simpy elicits yet another download and all I get is a black Spotify page that does nothing, altho it's shown in finder as another drive (like a b...

• I can only use Spotify on the MacBook via "Web Player (Chrome)".  Clicking on the Spotify in the menu bar simpy elicits yet another download and all I get is a black Spotify page that does nothi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Bug] Sort on time and you're not able to jump back

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceiMacOperating SystemOS XMy Question or IssueIf I sort a playlist on time (ie. latest on top and not the order when added which is default) and play something in the list. If I now press the litte preview icon in bottom ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device iMac Operating System OS X My Question or Issue If I sort a playlist on time (ie. latest on top and not the order when added which is default) and ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac App Loads and Logs In but Won't Play....

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacBookPro mid-2019Operating SystemOS 10.14.5Spotify Version1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f I've been using Spotify for years on my mac laptop, even though today, and then for some reason today it got super wonky and I haven't been ab...

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.40.21 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MacBookPro mid-2019 Operating System OS 10.14.5 Spotify Version 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f     I've been using Spotify for years on my mac laptop, even...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking album artwork for current song highlighting wrong song in playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMBP 2015 Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueWhen playing songs in a playlist, if I click the album artwork of currently playing song, I expect Spotify to navigate to the song currently playing and highlight wh...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device MBP 2015   Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue When playing songs in a playlist, if I click the album artwork of currently playin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

How to locate downloaded songs in iPhone interface?

All of the info on the net says that you need to go to a section and "swipe down from the top of the app." I do this but nothing happens. If I go higher the iPhone swipe down is displayed.

• Casual Listener
  • All of the info on the net says that you need to go to a section and "swipe down from the top of the app." I do this but nothing happens. If I go higher the iPhone swipe down is displayed.
  • dozepih
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When reach the end of a track the next track played is not the next one in the album

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMacbook Pro (Desktop App)Pixel 3 XLOperating SystemmacOS High SierraAndroid OS My Question or IssueWhen playing a track (from any album or a podcast) and the track selected or podcast comes to an end a random track from the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Macbook Pro (Desktop App) Pixel 3 XL Operating System macOS High Sierra Android OS   My Question or Issue When playing a track (from any album or a pod...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playback Error
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Other] Podcast glitch, skips playback

So my podcast won't play, there seems to be a glitch and it just skips all playback and goes to the next episode. It started with just one, but the more I've messed around trying to fix it, the more episodes that now seem to be affected. I'm listenin...

• So my podcast won't play, there seems to be a glitch and it just skips all playback and goes to the next episode. It started with just one, but the more I've messed around trying to fix it, the more ...
  • Honeybee123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

unwanted song starts playing at random times

For a couple of weeks now an unwanted song ( an unimaginably crappy swedish rap song, that I'd never in a million years would choose to play) starts playing at random times. It happens on both my mac and my iphone. Sometimes it interrupts other songs...

• Casual Listener
  • For a couple of weeks now an unwanted song ( an unimaginably crappy swedish rap song, that I'd never in a million years would choose to play) starts playing at random times. It happens on both my mac...
  • b312a
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to a playlist via the music bar at the bottom of the page

Macbook 201913 inch with touch bar when using Spotify and a random song comes along to the section at the bottom of the bar where it shows what song one is playing, there is no way to add it to a playlist, I have to go to the album and add it from th...

• Casual Listener
  • Macbook 2019 13 inch with touch bar   when using Spotify and a random song comes along to the section at the bottom of the bar where it shows what song one is playing, there is no way to add ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug - Volume up/down shortcuts and menu items do not work

Brief description of the issue:Using the Volume Up/Volume Down in the Playback menu item doesn't do anything. Also, the shortcuts (⌘+↑ and ⌘+↓) do not react. Both when playing locally as well as via Spotify Connect (Gramofon)Changing volume by clicki...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Using the Volume Up/Volume Down in the Playback menu item doesn't do anything. Also, the shortcuts (⌘+↑ and ⌘+↓) do not react. Both when playing locally as well ...
  • unitzero
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Missing album on Desktop version

Plan: FreeCountry: India Device(Macbook Air Early 2015)Operating System(macOS mojave) My Issue: Desktop app is unable to find this album https://open.spotify.com/album/27TKwEelJrpmDzs9RYh0ZM i

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: India   Device (Macbook Air Early 2015) Operating System (macOS mojave)   My Issue:  Desktop app is unable to find this album https://open.spotif...
  • Arasakumar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

recently played what has happened?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Different version of songs

PlanPremiumMexico DeviceiPad / Macbook Pro 2011 / Moto G5 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.3 / macOS High Shierra / Android Oreo 8.1.0 I am not sure why Spotify always changes the version of a song when I try to listen to it. There are some songs with 2 ve...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Mexico   Device iPad / Macbook Pro 2011 / Moto G5 Plus Operating System iOS 12.3 / macOS High Shierra / Android Oreo 8.1.0   I am not sure why Spotify always changes t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I eliminate iPhone memory used by Spotify?

My iPhone says that Spotify is using more than 16 GB of memory. But how can that be when I have verified that there are no songs downloaded? I deleted some of the "Recently Played' in case these were holding onto memory, and then I checked the memory...

• Casual Listener
  • My iPhone says that Spotify is using more than 16 GB of memory. But how can that be when I have verified that there are no songs downloaded? I deleted some of the "Recently Played' in case these were...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working in mac since 2 weeks tried everthing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • MountainSufi
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help with playing on multiple devices data usage

PlanFreeCountry India Device - Iphone 5s / Macbook air Operating System Latest on both My Question or IssueI was listening to Spotify on the cellphone and opened the app on the mac. It shows me what's playing on the phone. But I'm worried about if it...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India   Device - Iphone 5s / Macbook air   Operating System Latest on both     My Question or Issue I was listening to Spotify on the cellphone and ope...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes