Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs skipping after 2 seconds/can't find the song to play, have tried all fixes

PremiumCountry - Australia DeviceMacbook Air, latest OS, 10.14.5 Like many people on this forum, I cannot use the desktop app without a song playing for just two seconds then skipping, or it giving me the message that the song cannot be found (the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country - Australia   Device Macbook Air, latest OS, 10.14.5   Like many people on this forum,  I cannot use the desktop app without a song playing for just two seconds t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly started playing songs at 6am

PremiumAustralia MacbookiOS 10 So basically, I always sleep with white noise in the background, most of the time I use youtube to play it because Spotify ones aren't that good, besides the point, anyways so I was peacefully sleeping and suddenly soun...

•   Premium Australia   Macbook iOS 10   So basically, I always sleep with white noise in the background, most of the time I use youtube to play it because Spotify ones aren't tha...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

15 second rewind/forward function for podcast not working on mac

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro retina mid 2012Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.5 My Question or IssueThe 15 second rewind/forward function for podcast does not work when using bluetooth headphones or when using the rewind/forward buttons on the...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Macbook Pro retina mid 2012 Operating System macOS 10.14.5   My Question or Issue The 15 second rewind/forward function for podcast does not work whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't connect to Google home speakers (Macbook)

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemmacOS Sierra 10.12.6 My Question or IssueI am using an iPhone, iMac and Macbook at home and listen via Google home. I can easily switch to Google speakers from iPhone and iMac. But with my...

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device Macbook Air Operating System macOS Sierra 10.12.6   My Question or Issue I am using an iPhone, iMac and Macbook at home and listen via Google ho...
  • fathercucumber
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop (Mac) displaying different track to one playing

Premium PlanCountry UKMacBook Pro Mid 2014Operating System iOS 10.14.3 My Question or Issue Since last Spotify Update my main playlist (which is also often offline) - is on shuffle but the song displaying on the desktop app is not the same as the one...

• Casual Listener
  •     Premium Plan Country UK MacBook Pro Mid 2014 Operating System iOS 10.14.3   My Question or Issue   Since last Spotify Update my main playlist (which is also often off...
  • malcolmduffin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist name appears to be an serialized array

When I search for "**bleep** noll två" I get some artis suggestions where some names seems to be an serialzied array.

• Regular
  • When I search for "**bleep** noll två" I get some artis suggestions where some names seems to be an serialzied array.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing local version of song instead of real version?

I noticed that a song on my Spotify is being replaced by my local version of it (saved on iTunes) that has someone else's voice over it. My local version has a song name, album, year etc. identical to the real version. I can even search for the artis...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed that a song on my Spotify is being replaced by my local version of it (saved on iTunes) that has someone else's voice over it. My local version has a song name, album, year etc. identical t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac/Win10] Song cannot be play through a HTTP Proxy

When using HTTP proxy in the advanced settings, the app is working fine including searching, browsing any albums/artists and also loading album arts when play button is hit, however, the songs won't play, it stucked at 0.00. Only songs that previousl...

• When using HTTP proxy in the advanced settings, the app is working fine including searching, browsing any albums/artists and also loading album arts when play button is hit, however, the songs won't ...
  • suphodk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Treats Apostrophes Differently

I encountered this issue when searching for a song in my saved songs that was shown as "liked" but I could not find. I realized that Spotify treats the two apostrophes as different characters. Granted they are, but it makes it unreasonably difficult ...

Screenshot 2019-05-28 21.17.40.png Screenshot 2019-05-28 21.08.39.png Screenshot 2019-05-28 21.08.26.png
  • Gig Goer
  • I encountered this issue when searching for a song in my saved songs that was shown as "liked" but I could not find.    I realized that Spotify treats the two apostrophes as different cha...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • apostrophe
    bug
    filter
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Don't have all the songs in a playlist

Hi,I have a MacBook, and since April my playlists don't get updated, but I can see that on my phone they do get updated.What can I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a MacBook, and since April my playlists don't get updated, but I can see that on my phone they do get updated. What can I do?   
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing a filtered playlist no longer works

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 15 inch 2017Operating SystemMac OS Mojave My Question or IssueUntil recently, if I applied a filter to a playlist and started playing a song, the subsequent songs that would play would also be part of the filte...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Macbook Pro 15 inch 2017 Operating System Mac OS Mojave   My Question or Issue Until recently, if I applied a filter to a playlist and started p...
  • Bugequalfeature
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on Mac is SLOOOWWW

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA DeviceMacOSOperating SystemOS 10.14.3 Anytime I search for anything it doesn't do anything. Not even the spinning dots. Clicking on a playlist takes roughly 10min to load and when it does, if I click on the artist to go to...

• Regular
  • Plan - Premium Country - USA   Device MacOS Operating System OS 10.14.3   Anytime I search for anything it doesn't do anything. Not even the spinning dots. Clicking on a playlist ta...
  • NAF606
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now == farewell to Spotify

PlanFreeCountryIT DeviceMacbook Pro mid 2018Operating SystemMojave 10.14.4 On my brand new macbook, after 3 installation attempts, spotify can't play any song for more than 1 second, then the "error" in the subject poups and that's it. after wasting ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country IT   Device Macbook Pro mid 2018 Operating System Mojave 10.14.4   On my brand new macbook, after 3 installation attempts, spotify can't play any song for more t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[Podcast] Sort by Release Date Bug

Free/Premium- PremiumCountry- Austria DeviceMacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbold 3 ports)Operating SystemmacOs Mojave (Version 10.14.4) My Question or IssueI am daily listening to the Podcast Ö1 Jounrale by ORF Radio Ö1. Since today I am not a...

• Casual Listener
  • Free/Premium - Premium Country - Austria   Device MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbold 3 ports) Operating System macOs Mojave (Version 10.14.4)   My Question or Issue ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcast Episodes
    Release date
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Latest release stops all playback after 2 seconds.

I was having a different issue unreleated to this which said reinstalling would fix it. I am now unable to play any song longer than 2 seconds. Whatever is the issue its in your latest build / update. My previous issue is that whenever spotify reache...

• Regular
  • I was having a different issue unreleated to this which said reinstalling would fix it. I am now unable to play any song longer than 2 seconds. Whatever is the issue its in your latest build / update...
  • aefasdfasdflol
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please implement difference between Followed Artists and Saved-Album Artists

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemDesktop/iOS My Question or IssueI think a lot more can be done to help people organise enormous libraries.For example - Please can we have some sort of distinction between followed artists and artists who make save...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Desktop/iOS   My Question or Issue I think a lot more can be done to help people organise enormous libraries. For example - Please can we have s...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Auto DJ Crossfade still active?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or IssueHi!As Electronic Dance Music amateur, I like the selection and weekly updated track of Spotify playlist, especially Night Rider and Techno Bunker. Also, I really love ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue Hi! As Electronic Dance Music amateur, I like the selection and weekly updated track of Sp...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs vanished from playlist and many can't be played

H Many songs from my playlists have vanished and many songs that I find can't be played (even popular ones like Ed Sheeran - Perfect). When I log in from a different computer there aren't any problems... my songs are still in my playlists. What seems...

• H Many songs from my playlists have vanished and many songs that I find can't be played (even popular ones like Ed Sheeran - Perfect). When I log in from a different computer there aren't any problem...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Password re-set - forgotten email address.

Hi there, I have an account with the username JGostage. I have been logged out of my account on all devices and have been trying to log back in. I clicked to re set my password but none of my active email addresses have received a link, i therefore d...

• Hi there, I have an account with the username JGostage. I have been logged out of my account on all devices and have been trying to log back in. I clicked to re set my password but none of my active ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some songs won't play

I have Spotify Premium on a desktop Mac and iPhone. Some tracks will not play on the Mac. They WILL play on the phone (ie sound comes out of phone) and if I link the Mac to the phone, then on that (ie the track is playing on the phone but the sound c...

• Music Fan
  • I have Spotify Premium on a desktop Mac and iPhone. Some tracks will not play on the Mac. They WILL play on the phone (ie sound comes out of phone) and if I link the Mac to the phone, then on that (i...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes