Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Specific podcast not filtering out "played" episodes

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Pro 15inch 2018Operating SystemMojave This is specifically happening on my account for the podcast "Hello from the Magic Tavern." I have listened to episodes 1-41 so far to completion. However, when I filter the vie...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Pro 15inch 2018 Operating System Mojave   This is specifically happening on my account for the podcast "Hello from the Magic Tavern." I have list...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    podcast
    Unplayed
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify does not show the whole playlist on my mac

PlanPremiumCountryNicaragua DeviceMacbook AirMacOS Mojave 10.14.5 My Question or Issue:Well, i have my computer since a few months ago, i downloaded Spotify and it does not show all my songs, also i can't play music. I don't know if i did something w...

• Plan Premium Country Nicaragua   Device Macbook Air MacOS Mojave 10.14.5   My Question or Issue: Well, i have my computer since a few months ago, i downloaded Spotify and it does ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing on audio system via Mac AND Sonos

PlanPremiumCanada DeviceMac Mini late 2016, Sonos Can I play through my computer audio system AND through a Sonos speaker in another room?

• Plan Premium Canada   Device Mac Mini late 2016, Sonos   Can I play through my computer audio system AND through a Sonos speaker in another room?  
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My account doesn't have lyrics feature

PlanPremiumCountryVietnam DeviceMac Book AirOperating SystemOS X My Question or IssueFor all the songs I have listened I can't find the micro icon to view lyrics of the song. It works fine with my iPhone. Kindly advice. Thanks.

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam   Device Mac Book Air Operating System OS X   My Question or Issue For all the songs I have listened I can't find the micro icon to view lyrics of th...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling to last.fm stopped working

Hi everyone, I've noticed that scrobbling to last.fm stopped working for me on my mac desktop client (behind a corporate proxy). It worked well just a couple of days ago. Removing access to the last.fm app and reconnecting it didn't help. Restarting ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi everyone,   I've noticed that scrobbling to last.fm stopped working for me on my mac desktop client (behind a corporate proxy). It worked well just a couple of days ago.    Remo...
  • petrduda
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • scrobbling LastFM
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlists wont load

Using premium with 2015 Macbook Pro on 10.12.While it would let me create new playlists, adding songs to it would result in a constantly loading screen. Have updated to the latest version at still same result.

• Using premium with 2015 Macbook Pro on 10.12. While it would let me create new playlists, adding songs to it would result in a constantly loading screen. Have updated to the latest version at stil...
  • BugsBunny
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs gone after reinstallation

PlanFreeCountrySwedenDevice(Macbook Air, 2016)Operating System(MacOS Mojave 10.14.) My Question or Issue I reinstalled Spotify because some of the songs won't play. But after the reinstallation, all of my songs from all playlists are gone. And no it'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Sweden Device (Macbook Air, 2016) Operating System (MacOS Mojave 10.14.)   My Question or Issue   I reinstalled Spotify because some of the songs won't play. Bu...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes at ads

Hi there,since a few days Spotify crashes at or through ads.To be more precisly it stops before and doesnt play the ad and consequently it doesnt keep play a playlist ...The current "bugfix" is to close and restart Spotify ... Does anybody know this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, since a few days Spotify crashes at or through ads. To be more precisly it stops before and doesnt play the ad and consequently it doesnt keep play a playlist ... The current "bugfix" is...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    macOS
    Troubleshooting
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify isn´t collecting its Data garbadge ? ( 10 GB Cache - No offline Songs )

Hello together, recently I noticed that my mac is full of data which is likely not in use. I checked all my playlists again, there is no song downloaded and offline. The Spotify Mac app is Up-To-Date and is using around 10GB of cache data. I guess th...

• Hello together, recently I noticed that my mac is full of data which is likely not in use. I checked all my playlists again, there is no song downloaded and offline. The Spotify Mac app is Up-To-Date...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution how to hide speakers in non local WIFIs on MacOS?

Hi, I use Spotify at different places with different speakers. It's pretty confusing and sometimes annoying when non local speakers are offered in the connect list, especially if they are given the same name and I start music in the remote place. On ...

• Hi, I use Spotify at different places with different speakers.   It's pretty confusing and sometimes annoying when non local speakers are offered in the connect list, especially if they are gi...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • hide speakers in remote wifis
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Playlists are empty

PremiumFree/PremiumMalaysia Device(MacBook Pro 2012)Operating System(MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2) My Friends' Spotify Playlists are empty ever since I downloaded the new update, they have not deleted the playlist since it still appears on my phone.I...

• Premium Free/Premium Malaysia   Device (MacBook Pro 2012) Operating System (MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2)   My Friends' Spotify Playlists are empty ever since I downloaded the new ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes on startup

Something broke over the weekend... Opened my Mac today, went to the Spotify app which was already running, but couldn't play any music, installed the update and restarted the app. Now when I launch the app, the icon bounces on the dock before stoppi...

• Casual Listener
  • Something broke over the weekend...   Opened my Mac today, went to the Spotify app which was already running, but couldn't play any music, installed the update and restarted the app.   ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Strange and jarring static at end of song

On the Spotify-currated playlist 'Concentration Maximum' there is a song called 'The Last Hour of Loneliness.' It's a fine song, but at the end of it (03:16) there's an extremely off-putting (and, frankly, concentration-disrupting) screech of noise. ...

• Casual Listener
  • On the Spotify-currated playlist 'Concentration Maximum' there is a song called 'The Last Hour of Loneliness.' It's a fine song, but at the end of it (03:16) there's an extremely off-putting (and, fr...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not appearing in the app store

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom Device(Macbook Air)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueI had a problem with the album art work not showing in the bottom corner, and resizing the window didn't help. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom   Device (Macbook Air) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue I had a problem with the album art work not showing in the bot...
  • WillGore
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant see what songs are in my playlist

I am from Canada and have the student plan. I use IOS and Mac OS for spotify. This is my question and issue. I have a lot of music as well everyone does. I like keeping my music organized in playlists. Having songs in different playlists and even in ...

• I am from Canada and have the student plan. I use IOS and Mac OS for spotify.   This is my question and issue.   I have a lot of music as well everyone does. I like keeping my music org...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app not downloading new music

PlanFreeCountryPortugalDeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)Operating SystemMac OS Mojave Hey guys, so about a week ago spotify as not been "downloading" new music. Meaning all music that I had not listened prior to that moment is not availab...

• Plan Free Country Portugal Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) Operating System Mac OS Mojave   Hey guys, so about a week ago spotify as not been "downloading" new music. Mea...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How the eff do I prevent an artist from showing up in my mixes?

Premium/USAOS X I use the radio and daily mix functionality all the time. I HATE THE PIXIES and they show up in my mixes and radio constantly. How do I stop this from happening? There is no dislike button anywhere!

• Regular
  • Premium/USA OS X   I use the radio and daily mix functionality all the time.  I HATE THE PIXIES and they show up in my mixes and radio constantly.  How do I stop this from happening...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How long are the artist images cached?

I have a small visual issue with the Mac application. As a Spotify artist, I changed my avatar image almost a week ago, and it is correctly updated on all platforms I checked (iPhone, iPad, web player) except the Desktop Mac which still displays the ...

• Composer
  • I have a small visual issue with the Mac application. As a Spotify artist, I changed my avatar image almost a week ago, and it is correctly updated on all platforms I checked (iPhone, iPad, web playe...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files - help with streaming to Bose

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMac desktop, 2009 Operating SystemOSX 10.9.5 My Question or Issue The uploaded music will not stream to our Bose. I have seen inferences to QuickTime Player, but I don't know how that works. All our music is saved on our ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Mac desktop, 2009   Operating System OSX 10.9.5   My Question or Issue   The uploaded music will not stream to our Bose. I h...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend's list activity not updating

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemOSX Mojave 10.14.5 My Question or Issue === START OF TEMPLATE ===Brief description of the issue: Friend's list activity not updatingSteps to reproduce the issue:Created a new spotify ac...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System OSX Mojave 10.14.5   My Question or Issue   === START OF TEMPLATE === Brief description of the i...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes